Friday, August 28, 2009

Bobbi Brown's New Metallic Long-Wear Cream Shadow

Attention! Ring the bells! Bobbi Brown has introduced her new Metallic Long-Wear Cream Shadows ($22), and they are fabulous. I love them - so much that I have already purchased five of them.

I've been a big fan of Bobbi Brown's cream shadows, and because I love shine on my eyelids, I have anxiously awaited the arrival of these shadows in the stores. As I mentioned in a posting Monday, I found them at Nordstrom. It was nirvana. Can you hear me saying, "I'll take this one...and this one...and, oh my, this one too...?"

I ended up with Antique Gold, a deep gold sparkle; Brown Metal, a warm brown sparkle; Chrome Patina, a golden pewter; Goldstone, gold sparkle; and Mercury, a silver sparkle. The only ones I left unpurchased were tones of purple and blue - not my colors, but they would be gorgeous on some of my friends.

Here's what Bobbi Brown's Web site has to say about them, and every word is true. "A touch of glistening sparkle. Sheer, lightweight formula goes on comfortably and leaves a soft, velvety finish. Stays color-true and crease-free all day."

I am wearing them to work. They do add sparkle, but it's not over-the-top heavy-metal sparkle. It's "elegant" sparkle. Would you expect anything else from Bobbi Brown?

They are very sheer. In fact, I find myself applying multiple layers to get the effect I like, which is unusual for me. I'm fairly conservative when it comes to eyelid color. I use Bobbi's Cream Shadow Brush ($28) and I find the application smooth and easy. These shadows have a very nice texture. They last all day, without fading, creasing, or moving. In a word, perfect!

You can see the new Metallic Long-Wear Cream Shadows on Bobbi Brown's Web site or at a department store near you. Nordstrom has them in-store and online. These are definitely worth checking out.

Photo courtesy of Bobbi Brown.

No comments: