Thursday, November 17, 2011

iS Clinical YOUTH EYE COMPLEX

After several months of testing, I can proclaim iS Clinical's YOUTH EYE COMPLEX ($148) a definite keeper among the hundreds (probably thousands) of treatment products for the skin around our eyes. iS Clinical is an INNOVATIVE SKINCARE product. INNOVATIVE SKINCARE was developed by physicians, pharmacologists, and other medical and scientific professionals to bring effective, clinically validated skin care to the market.

YOUTH EYE COMPLEX uses "intelligent proteins" to combat the signs of aging at a cellular level. The proteins are called intelligent because they are clinically proven to target damaged cells and regenerate the skin, strengthening the dermal structure and encouraging the formation of collagen and elastin. Powerful peptides, key growth factors, and potent antioxidants are among the ingredients in the mix to rapidly reduce wrinkles, puffiness, and dark circles and keep the skin hydrated, smooth, and protected all day long.

Here's a photo of improvement shown on iS Clinical's Web site. Photos like this always leave me suspect. For one thing, I can't tell if the subject is smiling in one picture, but not the other. I can see a difference in eye makeup, with the before photo showing a much heavier application of a brown crease color, which can be aging. I could be totally snarky and suggest that the folks at iS Clinical airbrushed the 12-day photo, but I won't because I've used YOUTH EYE COMPLEX, and I've seen its results on my own skin. So have physicians and aestheticians.

Here is the bullet-point summary of what you can expect from YOUTH EYE COMPLEX.
  • Rapidly smoothes, hydrates, and reduces under-eye wrinkles
  • Reduces puffiness and dark circles
  • Improves skin hydration, firmness, and elasticity
  • Strengthens and thickens the delicate skin around the eyes
  • Offers immediate and long-term results
I like the creamy, lightweight feel of YOUTH EYE COMPLEX. To me, it feels like a milky serum. It absorbs almost instantly, leaving me with obvious hydration. I sometimes forget to apply an eye cream over it (something I would normally do over a serum) because the skin around my eyes feels moist "to my mind" and looks moist to my eyes. I use it morning and night, and I plan to keep it in my eye treatment rotation.

As you might expect from such a hydrating product, it contains sodium hyaluronate and hyaluronic acid (HA) spheres. HA is nature's sponge. It's also filled with moisturizing ingredients, such as glycerin, dimethicone, and urea. Even more exciting, it has a cocktail of peptides, proteins, growth factors, and other state-of-the-art skin-care ingredients. It was clearly designed to work quickly and for the long haul.

What amazed me is that it contains retinyl palmitate. The rep had assured me it didn't before I started to use some samples he had provided. Retinyl palmitate usually turns me into a red hot mess, but I've never had an adverse reaction from YOUTH EYE COMPLEX. It's a good thing. I would have hunted him down if I had developed red, scaly eyelids. I use YOUTH EYE COMPLEX "over and under," but I don't use it below the crease on my eyelids.

It doesn't take much product for me to completely cover the skin around my eyes, and even though the container appears to be small, I've been using it for months (with one interruption to test another). I like the fact that the container is "packed" with product.

I like every iS Clinical product I've tried. To find out more about them, you can visit the INNOVATIVE SKINCARE Web site. Make sure to read about the science and the skin conditions that interest you.

INNOVATIVE SKINCARE is sold primarily at the practices of cosmetic surgeons and dermatologists, but the products are also available online. After I tried samples of the YOUTH EYE COMPLEX, provided by the company, I purchased more from SkinCareRx, a Best Things in Beauty advertiser. You can find a complete list of sources at this link.

Photo courtesy of INNOVATIVE SKIN CARE

4 comments:

Lisa said...

I have been struggling to find a product to address underneath the eyes near the nose. It's crepey looking. Simple hydration isn't enough to correct the proble. Is this an area of concern for you? And if it is, did you notice an improvement with this product?

Charlestongirl said...

Lisa, my crepiness is over the crease near my nose, and this iS product DID help there. I don't have any crepiness where you are describing (below the eyes), but I can imagine the problem is the same - whether over or under. I hate it!

Liv said...

I have had great luck with a few of the IS serums over the years, so I excitedly purchased this cream, without reading the ingredient list carefully. Within a couple of weeks I had developed dry, flaky, wrinkled (eek!) patches below my eyes. I checked the ingredients at this point, and realized it contains retinyl palmitate. I can't seem to tolerate retinol in any concentration, or any formulation. It's annoying :( It took several weeks for the skin under my eyes to go back to normal. Lesson learned: check ingredients, no matter how much I love other products from the brand. Glad it worked for you though - people and their skin are so very different.

Charlestongirl said...

Liv, I have no doubt it was the retinol in it! Any form of retinol usually burns me to a crisp, and near my eye? Disaster. I have no idea why I'm able to use this serum - and like it.

Once burned, it does take weeks to get rid of the peel. I burned my lips twice this year, and it was AWFUL each time.

I can tell you that the RP is way down on the ingredient list on this product, but it's there, and your skin noticed! Sorry to hear that.