Sunday, November 6, 2011

Weekend Stroll around the Internet

It was a very busy day. I went over to Nordstrom Montgomery Mall to visit with my friends from Le Métier de Beauté this morning. I was expecting to see Joanna and Lisa, but I didn't expect to run into Erin Lockard or meet Jerry. It was great fun!

Before I left, I ran into Eddie Hernandez from Chantecaille. I didn't know he would be there, so I had a delightful opportunity to say hi before I ran off to deal with some family needs.

Early Saturday and today, though, I had time to visit some of my favorite beauty blogs, and I want to share some superb features I found.

A little more than a week ago, I had ordered the new Edward Bess palettes. The Non-Blonde received her Back to Basics palette and tempted us with the beautiful, natural shades this week. I'm still waiting eagerly for mine to arrive.

Fab over Forty featured the glamorous Dior Holiday 2011 collection. Make sure to pop over to see it. This is a beautiful collection.

The Beauty Look Book showcased the stunning Le Métier de Beauté Atlantis Sunset and Nadine lip colors. These are exclusive to Neiman Marcus Northpark. I'd love to have them, but I want to try them first. No way that will happen from DC! I was glad to see great photos of them.

DivaDebbi gave us a look at the Smashbox Holiday eyeliners in the Life is Your Set Holiday Pencil Kit. I want one!

Messy Wands has great swatches of all eight shades of Chanel's Rouge Allure Velvet.

I love jasmine and Francis Kurkdjian. Even though Kurkdjian isn't a favorite of Olfactoria's Travels, she found a place in her heart for Promesse de l’Aube - and created a lemming.

I'm on the list to purchase Dustin Lujan's holiday Le Métier de Beauté Kaleidoscope, Antiquité Poupée. Product Doctor modeled it for us!

I've been curious about Sue Devitt's Nordic Trek Illuminating Eye Shadow Quad. Fruity Lashes to the rescue!

There's an Ellis Faas sneak peek at Time4Beauty! These colors look like must-haves.

One of the new BareMinerals eye shadows is calling my name. You can see it at Beauty Black Book.

I hope you enjoy your Sunday! With that extra hour's sleep, we should have a nice day, right?

Photo courtesy of Midwest Living

10 comments:

time4beauty said...

You are so lucky you can buy this new LMDB palette :) It will took ages until anything I purchased arrived in Ukraine(((

Brooke @ Blushing Noir said...

I'm dying to check out the new Edward Bess! They look so amazing!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the link, Charlestongirl!
I actually thought about you, when wearing and reviewing Promesse, it seems made for you! :)

I look forward to trying the new Edward Bess palettes too, I have practically everything he ever made, and this month I am finally getting to visit his counter in NYC in person! Can't wait!

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Time4beauty!

I really think I need to go into the business of personal shopping so you gals far from here can be as delighted as I am!

Charlestongirl said...

Hi BlushingNoir!

I ordered everything from EB, but none of it arrived last week. I was so bummed. I can't wait!

Charlestongirl said...

You are so lucky, Ofactoriastravels! I hear he's quite a gentleman.

I may have to spring for Promesse when I manage to refill my wallet. :)

Liz said...

Thank you for the link my friend! I always enjoy "shopping" with you. Happy Sunday! xoLiz

Charlestongirl said...

You're welcome, Liz. I always enjoy your blog.

Rosamaria said...

Francis Kurkdjian is brilliant and a gentlemen. Have met him personally, and he is an absolute pleasure to speak to. Absolu pour le soir is beautiful, but I think his gem is Lumiere Noir pour femme. Am very curious to try this one!

Charlestongirl said...

How exciting, Rosamaria! I'd love to meet him.