Tuesday, November 15, 2011

La Prairie Cellular Luxe Lip Colour in Champagne Kiss from Winter Wonders Collection for Holiday 2011

I'm continuing my mini-series on La Prairie's Winter Wonders Collection today with Cellular Luxe Lip Colour in Champagne Kiss ($55), a limited-edition shade that coordinates perfectly with the rest of the shades in the collection - as does the darker shade, Winterberry. I selected Champagne Kiss in my never-ending search for nice neutral colors that add some life to my face.

This luxurious La Prairie lipstick is "for the woman who wants it all: exquisite color, a truly restorative lip treatment, and an elegant beauty accessory. In addition to nourishing, moisturizing, and conditioning delicate lip tissues, it features firming Caviar Extracts, line-diminishing optical diffusers, and a unique Plumping Complex that helps your lips reclaim their youthful lush contours. Specially treated pigments and natural oils enhance the color intensity and produce a long-lasting sheen." Sounds good, right?

It is. Champagne Kiss is luxury in a tube. Everything about it is exquisite - the color, the shine, the feel on the lips, the look. I am smitten. It's a good thing too because it has a somewhat dear price.

This is what I call "a perfect neutral" for me. It leaves my lips with color, but not too much. It complements most shades of makeup and clothing. It's the kind of lipstick I can throw in my handbag (in its little velveteen pouch, of course) and pull out when my lips need a moisture fix with color.

I took some swatch photos for you on a glorious, chilly autumn day. The sun was shining, but it was cold. Look carefully, and you might see goosebumps.

Champagne Kiss is a warm rosy pink. What you see in the tube is what you get on the skin and lips. On my lips, it's a neutral pink. This lipstick shines without sparkle. It reflects light beautifully, giving the lips a neutral pink punch. The photo below left shows that it reflects light, but it's more subdued inside or without direct exposure to the sun.

The creamy feel on the lips sets Champagne Kiss apart from many other lipstick formulas. Add the glorious color to snazzy packaging, and you have a model for a luxury lipstick.

You can find Champagne Kiss and Winterberry, its sister from Winter Wonders, at La Prairie's Web site and La Prairie counters now. I purchased mine at Neiman Marcus. Because it's limited, go have a look quickly if you're interested.

Photo at top courtesy of La Prairie; other photos by Best Things in Beauty

2 comments:

Eileen said...

Ooooooo . . . What a gorgeous color! La Prairie lipstick is definitely in a class by itself. I know it is terribly dear and I'm sure that most people who have never owned a La Prairie lipstick probably think we're nuts for paying $55, but it truly does everything La Prairie says it will. As I've gotten older, I've become more and more enamored of lipstick that combines a bonafide beauty treatment with beautiful color. La Prairie improves the condition of my chronically dry lips and goes beyond just making them look smooth and plump to actually being smooth and plump. Love it!

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Eileen!

I had a hard tome choosing between the beautiful berry and Champagne Kiss! I had to limit myself to one, so I went with the one that will go with everything.

I adore the LP lipsticks! They are terribly expensive, but the payoff keeps me going back. :)