Thursday, February 17, 2011

Clé de Peau Touche de Rouge for Spring 2011

I had hoped to write a comprehensive review of the Clé de Peau Spring 2011 Collection today, but events, including physical therapy, conspired against me. Stay tuned for that feature tomorrow morning. I got some good photos today.

I did want to show you more of the collection, so I decided to write a quick feature on the three new Touche de Rouge ($52) shades. Touche de Rouge is a superbly soft and gentle lip color that melts onto the lips to give you sheer, elegant, and silky color. If you've been reading Best Things in Beauty for any length of time, you know I prefer sheer lipsticks. I've been using Touche de Rouge, with its classy slim line tube since the moment I was introduced to it. Love it!

There are three new shades for spring. Shade #129, a gorgeous, warm rosy pink that's shown on my arm at right. The other two shades didn't suit me as well. Shade #130 is a pure peach - without a trace of pink to my eye, at least in the swatch photo Kathy Shoreman sent me from Neiman Marcus. Shade #131 is coral through and through - very trendy for this season.

Kathy's iPhone photo at left shows #129 at top, #130 in the middle, and #131 at the bottom of her hand. The moment she sent me the photo, I reserved #129. It's pink (a perfect, easy-to-wear shade - sheer, shiny, and flattering.

The key ingredients of this wonderful lip color include moisture-wrapping oil to create a moist, luxurious-looking luster; Clé de Peau Beauté's exclusive, advanced moisturizing Hydro-Wrap Complex; and argan tree oil for smooth application and wear (one of our favorites!).

I realize it's a little pricey, but if you can handle the price, you will find a Touche de Rouge shade that will addict you. They are that nice. You can purchase Clé de Peau Beauté color at Neiman Marcus, Nordstrom, Saks, and other fine department stores.

Photo at top courtesy of Clé de Peau Beauté

3 comments:

Unknown said...

i love that shade you picked and even the coral one but they are definitely not in my price range just yet. i love how sheer they look.

Eileen said...

How I adore CdP's Extra Silky Lipsticks! My lips always feel softer and look smoother and fuller after a day of wearing Extra Silky. If I had to be confined to just one brand, Extra Silky would be it. I know a lot of people object to paying $52 for something that must be reapplied frequently, and that's really a shame because there is nothing quite like it. Some people have suggested Dior's Serum de Rouge as a substitute, and it does have a better price point, but it doesn't even come close in regards to quality and color selection. When it comes to luxury and quality, CdP wrote the book!

Charlestongirl said...

Hi friends!

Anna, the sheerness is the height of luxury. You never know. Maybe I can do a giveaway!

Eileen, CdP has really earned that luxury label. I want everything! There is so much I want to try, but haven't because of the price. I wish my friend at Nordstrom was still the rep for the line!

Thank you, Parisian Love!