Wednesday, February 16, 2011

New Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Shadow Pencils

Urban Decay has introduced its next generation of 24/7 pencils for the eyes: 24/7 Glide-On Shadow Pencils ($20). They’re crease-proof and waterproof, and the color is extremely long-lasting.

The Shadow Pencils deliver saturated, creamy color payout with a lightweight feel. The new fat shape allows you to cover large areas more quickly. Use the thin tip as eyeliner or the side of the tip as a generous swipe of eyeshadow. Luscious shades, with shimmer, cream, and sparkle finishes, give you lots of choices. You can skip the shadows you apply with brushes when you are on the go. Urban Decay's pencils make it easier than ever to change up your eye shadow after you've left the house.

Once the color from the pencils sets, it stays put. I was surprised at how long-lasting the color is. Even better, all shades are free of paraffin, mineral oil, and paraben.

I purchased two 24/7 Glide-On Shadow Pencils from Sephora. I had to try Midnight Cowboy, one of Urban Decay's most popular shades. I wanted to see how the company had translated the beige with silver sparkle into this pencil. Turns out it's better, in my opinion, than the original. I also purchased Lit, a golden bronze - more gold than bronze. I wasn't up for trying some of the brighter, more colorful shades, like Morphine (pale lavender), Clash (bright turquoise), or Narc (mossy green), although I did develop an appreciation for morphine while I was in the hospital [wink].

Here is a swatch photo that was taken indoors. I did not blend the shadows at all after I applied them heavily with the pencils. I took the photo in full sun. Midnight Cowboy at the top is a rose gold on my skin. I think it's gorgeous. Lit, below, is almost antique gold. It has bronze in it, but not enough to make it look "dirty." I love both shades; they are shimmering, full-color treats.

It took quite a bit of scrubbing and long-wear makeup remover to get the swatches off my arm. That bodes well for all-day wear on the eyelid. I haven't worn either outside the house yet. I think I might look strange in physical therapy in full makeup. It's an "athletic" environment.

If you like vibrant color and easy application, I think you're going to love these Urban Decay pencils. They are available at both Urban Decay online and Sephora.

Photo at top courtesy of Urban Decay

No comments: