Saturday, February 12, 2011

Exuviance Rejuvenating Treatment Masque

I'm a mask lover. The whole experience, from application through relaxation, to removal and the results, delights me. So I jumped at the chance, offered by NeoStrata, to try Exuviance Rejuvenating Treatment Masque ($30). An InStyle Best Beauty Buy, this mask includes an alpha and polyhydroxy acid blend that stimulates cell renewal and gently exfoliates to reveal fresher, healthier, and brighter skin.

Here's what NeoStrata has to say about Exuviance Rejuvenating Treatment Masque.

Revitalize stressed skin while fighting the signs of aging... This powerful deep-cleansing masque combines a clinically proven blend of concentrated Alpha and Polyhydroxy acids (AHA/PHA) that offer full-strength anti-aging benefits without irritation. Gluconolactone, a potent Polyhydroxy Acid, decreases lines and wrinkles by strengthening the skin and building the dermal matrix so skin appears fuller and plumper. This gentle exfoliant and natural antioxidant also improves the skin's clarity and luminosity and refines pore size, leaving skin truly refreshed and rejuvenated. The addition of Mandelic Acid (AHA) helps to visibly reduce wrinkled areas, while Vitamins A, C, E and a Pro Vitamin B Complex provide superior moisturization. Dermatologist developed.

Here is a little more about the ingredients. Gluconolactone provides anti-aging benefits without irritating your skin. It works well for people with sensitive skin or rosacea - or anyone who has had a cosmetic procedure. As an antioxidant, it inhibits elastase. It also strengthens the skin's barrier function, reducing sensitivity and redness over time. It does not increase sensitivity to the sun.

Mandelic acid, found naturally in almonds, is a lipophilic AHA that is readily absorbed and reduces oiliness over time without drying the skin. There's also aloe barbadensis leaf extract in the formula to soothe the skin. NeoStrata does not test on animals. That's important to me.

The mask was formulated to visibly reduce fine lines, wrinkles, and pore size, while increasing clarity and firmness. The mask has many good-for-your-skin ingredients. NeoStrata says this mask is ideal for normal and combination skin, but also good for dry and sensitive skin. I had no issues using it, even though my skin is very dry and somewhat sensitive.

The whole experience of using this Exuviance mask (I can't get used to the French spelling) is pleasant. It has a light apple-citrus-grapefruit scent that's pleasing. It looks like a green gel and applies easily with your fingertips. It's very cooling. Immediately, it says, "Go lie down and take it easy for the 15-20 minutes you will leave me on. Enjoy the rest!" So, I do. Gradually, over the 15-20 minutes, I feel the firming effects. You can peel it off or rinse it off with warm water. I prefer to rinse it off - a bit of an exercise because it takes at least 30 double palm-fulls of water to rinse it off completely with my hands.

The first time I used it, I was amazed at the results. My pores literally disappeared. They aren't terribly large, but still, they were visibly diminished. My face felt ultra-soft and stayed that way for awhile. I haven't used it for long enough to look younger (if that's possible - I am already a skin-care fanatic), but it wouldn't surprise me, with the fabulous ingredients, if it has those effects with long-term use.

I would recommend this mask to anyone. I would pester my friends with normal to combination skin (and even oily skin) to go buy it. It's seriously effective - and using it is a pleasant experience.

You can purchase this reasonably priced mask at NeoStrata's Web site, where there is currently a free gift with purchase with any $100 order. It would be a good time to also try their Foaming Glycolic Wash, which I'm enjoying. You can also find NeoStrata at SkinStore (one of my favorite sites, where there is always a great deal to be found), Dermstore, and other online sites. Ulta carries NeoStrata's products too. Check it out!

Photo courtesy of Dermstore

7 comments:

Harriet said...

Hi- The mask sounds wonderful- I have a quick question- I am having the hardest time finding a really long wearing lipstick/stain- I would so appreciate any suggestions - I love the way Channel long wear lasts but it is so drying-evn with the attached gloss.
Thanks so much,
Harriet

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Harriet,

I hate to hedge on this one, but I will have to. Many long-wearing lipsticks are drying, even though they proclaim to be hydrating. Not only that, we all have different expectations for creaminess.

That said, have you tried Chantecaille's Hydra Chic? I find it more moisturizing than the Chanel Rouge Coco.

Any stain is going to last longer than a regular lipstick, but if you are like me, you will need to wear gloss over the stain. Take a look at Stila's Lip & Cheek Stains for long-lasting color.

harriet said...

Thankssomuch-off to Sephora!

Unknown said...

i have had that masque for about a year, getting to the bottom of it. i like it, very nice, peel off is always fun, and face looks a bit smoother. i don't think it did anything to my few lines on the forehead though.

Charlestongirl said...

Hey there, Anna!

I am glad you like it. I am not sure a mask alone can make wrinkles disappear, but there's definitely a temporary minimizing effect.

Of course, I meant "expression lines," not wrinkles!

Mai said...

I looove masks too..

This sounds lovely!

Thaaaanks for sharin

Charlestongirl said...

Thanks, Delyteful!

Your comment inspired me to go do a mask - after I hobble off to the grocery store.