Saturday, February 26, 2011

Weekend Roundup - February 26

Ready to watch the Academy Awards? Who doesn't love to watch the stars - and their fashion and beauty selections for the evening? I'll be watching - can't wait! We had some ideas this week to make you Oscar-ready. We should all shine for our big moments.

Tim Quinn, Giorgio Armani makeup artist to the stars, talked to Kari about finding the right foundation. You can learn from Tim at Fab over Forty. He's currently backstage at the Emporio Armani 2011 show (Saturday morning as I write). He's usually at the Academy Awards!

Rouge Bunny Rouge is a niche European brand that has been getting a lot of online buzz and a cult of fans. Learn more from Gaia at The Non-Blonde. I'm intrigued!

The new NARS Illuminators shades are also getting a lot of blogger attention. Check out Amy's impressions at Café Makeup. I received all three new shades mid-week and will feature them here today. I love them!

Jo Malone has launched a new line of Tea Fragrance Blends, and Sabrina tried them all. Head over to The Beauty Look Book to find out which one(s) might be right for you. I purchased Sweet Lemon (wore a light application to PT the other day!) and am currently testing Earl Gray & Cucumber. After a little more time with them, I promise to share my take.

Ever heard of Dermae skin care? Jane can give you the 411 at Daly Beauty. If you like (or can tolerate) products with retinol, this may be a good line for you.

Bare Escentuals has introduced Buxom Smoky Eye Sticks. Jennifer had the scoop at BeautyXposé. Is there one in your future? There may be one in mine.

Are you starting to look pasty, winter white? Laurie has been loving L'Oreal Sublime Bronze Self-Tanning Towelettes. Want to learn more? Head over to Product Girl.

Do we need a bottom lash mascara? Debbi gave us her opinion of the new Clinique mascara at DivaDebbi. It's a nice mascara - for klutzes.

Kelly has a new obsession. Find out at Gouldylox Reviews how Konad made her wild and crazy! Her nails looked pretty cool.

I got a preview of La Prairie's summer makeup collection at a Neiman Marcus party. Check it out here at Best Things in Beauty. I am bummed that I have to wait until May to get my hands on the new cream blush shades. I also featured the upcoming Cellular Energizing Body Collection. Next week, I'll show you the new sun care.

Back to the Academy Awards. Let us know what you think about the red carpet! We'll be chatting next week. Aren't there always a couple of standouts - and a few debacles?

Update: There are swatches of Chanel's new Rouge Coco Shine at CaRa BeAuTé BLoG!

No comments: