Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Meet Our Beauty Blogger Roundup Team - Anne

Anne Houseman is one of the nicest bloggers you'll ever meet. Shortly after she hooked me up with a beauty company, we went together to a makeover event the company was hosting. What a blast! We got beautified by a fabulous makeup artist - always fun. Beyond that, though, we found that we had many common interests. We both love fashion (including shoes!) and great food, among many other things. I felt like I had known her forever. I'm looking forward to our next outing. Now, you get a chance to know her too. Here's Anne from BeautyXposé, in her own words.

When did you start blogging and why?
My blogging partner in crime, Kristin Bassett, and I began BeautyXposé two years ago. At the time, we loved reading individual makeup blogs and beauty/style magazines, so we wanted to create a hybrid of the two, featuring both personal product reviews and editorial-style features. We also wanted to be a little zany. For example, we dedicated one post to creating haiku's to our lost loved ones (discontinued beauty items). Along the way, we've brought on some amazingly talented contributors, and we are pleased to offer our readers a variety of topics!

Every blog seems to have a special voice - what's the message on your blog?
Since we have several contributors, each of us have our own voice. But, I'd have to say that overall we can be quite sassy if the timing's right. Just take a look at any of our "WTF of the Week" columns! I personally have an unhealthy obsession with puns and wordplay, so you'll see a lot of that in my articles.

Have you always been a beauty fanatic or did it come later in life for you? What made it blossom?
I sprang forth from the womb wearing red stilettos and clutching a Glamour magazine. At least that's what they tell me.

Tell us a little about yourself.
I'm kind of Sybil-esque - meaning I have a lot of different sides to my personality that are all really "me." One day my style will be retro pin-up diva, and the next rocker chick. My husband likes the variety, so I guess that's good! Overall though, I think I have a "classic" cosmopolitan feel to my style and beauty preferences.

What's your daily beauty routine?
Given that I'm constantly testing beauty products, it can vary. But if I'm left to my own devices, I start with cleansing using my Clarisonic, toning with Dr. Hauschka Facial Toner, and moisturizing with Dr. Hauschka Rose Day Cream (in the winter, anyway). If I'm leaving my house (I work from home), I'll apply my makeup, which is really different depending on my mood. What does stay the same - my Estee Lauder Resilience Lift Extreme foundation, Shiseido Bronzer, and Maybelline Colossal Xtreme mascara. Everything else is a crap shoot depending on the day.

How many lipsticks/glosses can be found in your handbag at any given time?
Two, though I try to keep it to one if I can - I switch my glosses as I switch up my purses.

What's the best beauty advice you've ever received?
It's going to sound like a cliché, but it's true - beauty comes from the inside out. I look for the beauty in everyone and everything. It's amazing what you see when you're really looking!

What's the most surprising thing you have learned since starting your blog?
I'm constantly surprised and inspired every time someone comments. It's like "Someone's actually reading this, and I'm not just writing to myself?" I love interacting with readers and hope they keep coming back!

If you haven't visited, BeautyXposé, what are you waiting for? Anne and team always have something interesting to share.

5 comments:

Anne said...

Thanks so much for the opportunity to be a part of your blog! Can't wait for our next get-together!

Clarisonic said...

Thanks to Anne for making the Clarisonic part of her daily beauty routine! If you ever want to know more about the Clarisonic please let us know. You can find us on Twitter @Clarisonic or facebook.com/Clarisonic. Cheers!

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Anne! Thanks for being part of our team! I am looking forward to seeing you. :)

Charlestongirl said...

There's a reason Anne's skin looks so good, Clarisonic! She's one of the many true believers. :)

Charlestongirl said...

Just discovered (and fixed) my typos in the intro to this post. Aargh! I hate typos! And not one, but two. My bad.