Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Lancôme Teint Miracle Instant Retouch Pen, Lit-from-Within Reflector

Another pen highlighter! Just when you thought we had enough of them, Lancôme has a new one (at least the gals at Neiman Marcus told me it's new). Of course, I had to try it!

Here's the difference I see between this one and others, including my all-time love, Touche Éclat. It's meant to retouch your foundation in addition to serving as a highlighter. Not all of them do that.

Lancôme makes a relatively new foundation called Teint Miracle, 10 years on the making. It's said to recreate the true, natural light of perfect skin, with a lit-from-within look. I have always liked Lancôme's foundations (I used to wear one exclusively a long time ago). The Instant Retouch Pen for all skin types was created to do the same thing: add a lit-from-within look to the areas you want to touch up. It can be used as your foundation in a pinch.

This is the first Lancôme perfecting pen enriched with micro-fluorescent particles for a surge of true, natural light. The portable pen can be used anytime anywhere to retouch - illuminating, smoothing, and visibly eliminating imperfections. The fluid blends seamlessly and easily (very fluid texture), and it's instantly hydrating. Unfortunately, from my perspective, some of its hydrating properties come from propylene glycol (PG), the ubiquitous, inexpensive hydrator our beauty companies don't seem to be able to "lose." While it has some nice hydrating ingredients that score plus points in my book, the PG gets a minus from me. Too bad - otherwise, I really like Teint Miracle.

You may not care about the PG as much as I do. If you want to try a new click pen highlighter that will immediately brighten your skin, check out Teint Miracle at your Lancôme counter. It's available in multiple shades.

I purchased the lightest shade, #1. I took a photo of it indoors in full sun. At the top of my photo, I applied the product straight from the pen. Below, I blended it. Blended, it's my skin tone, so all you will see is a gleam in my photo - if that. I can assure you that the shine in the center of my arm is primarily from the highlighting effects.

You can purchase Teint Miracle at Lancôme counters. They told me they are having trouble keeping it in stock at Neiman Marcus.

11 comments:

Tracy@Beauty Reflections said...

Ooooh! I wouldn't mind trying this! Although, I haven't been wearing my Tient Miracle as much as when I first got it.
I don't know-I loved it at first, but I recently tried Burberry's Foundation. LOVE IT. It's just perfect for me.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Tracy,

Go for it! If you can get past the small concentration of PG, I think you'll like it.

Unknown said...

may I ask what the negatives of the PG are?

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Anna!

I wrote it up at this link last year.

http://bestthingsinbeauty.blogspot.com/2010/10/know-your-ingredients-propylene-glycol.html

MarciaF said...

I didn't know they made this product. I'm going to have to see if my Neiman has it during Beauty Week. I like Teint Miracle foundation so I might like this.

Charlestongirl said...

Agreed. I think it's great for the foundation users.

My NM got it back last week. Maybe yours will have it too.

Unknown said...

thanks for the link! i will try to avoid PG from now on too!

Charlestongirl said...

Anna,

Sorry to spoil things! Once you start reading labels, you will be amazed. It's everywhere.

Ali said...

Do you know how this compares in colour to the YSL touche eclat and the Dior skinflash?

Charlestongirl said...

Hey there, Ali,

Each product comes in different shades, so that question is kind of hard to answer.

Ali said...

From your photo it looks as if Lancome 01 may be similar to YSL 02 and Dior in Candle light.