Monday, February 21, 2011

La Prairie Colour Launches for Summer 2011: Bouquet de Jardin and Anti-Aging Hydra Tint SPF 20

Last week, I was privileged to attend a blogger event at Neiman Marcus at Mazza Galleria. I came away with exciting information! I couldn't wait to share all the news with you. There's way to much to tell you about La Prairie's introductions for spring and summer (between now and May), so I am breaking up my news into two (maybe three) posts. I really don't know how to prioritize fabulous over gorgeous, so I'll start with the makeup and move on to skin care later.

I met Raychel Wade, La Prairie's Colour Ambassador, last year. Her charismatic personality, combined with her eye for color and simple techniques, has earned her a loyal clientele. Raychel has assisted with the creation of past La Prairie colour stories. This year, she created her own, Bouquet de Jardin Summer Colour. It's a stunning collection. I wanted to leave Neiman Marcus with the cream blushes, both of which are drop-dead gorgeous.

Les Calla Lilies is a limited-edition Cellular Treatment Eye Colour Ensemble ($70). A quad with four coordinating shades, all in a variation of rosy peony, are beautiful on the skin. I played with them at the store, and I think these are colors that are going to flatter a wide range of skin tones. As always, La Prairie's makeup offers benefits to the skin, in addition to beautiful color.

To finish your eyes, there's a limited-edition Luxe Eye Definer in Bronze ($50). The liner has a smudger on one end, which is convenient. The shade coordinates perfectly with the Eye Colour Ensemble, but it's also a shade you will want to wear with all your neutral shadows. I love bronze liner, and this one is the cat's meow.

There are two new Cellular Radiance Cream Blush ($70) shades, and both are lust-worthy. I was so sad that I would have to wait months to get my hands on them.

The first shade, shown at left, is the limited-edition Mauve Glow, the darker of the two. The lighter shade is Plum Glow, shown below right, and it will be part of the permanent collection. Both shades are going to work for me.

Cellular Radiance Cream Blush is a luxurious, creamy blush that blends like a dream to allow you to layer as much as you desire without caking or streaking. It's one of the nicest cream blushes I have ever used. The colors I own are exquisite, and it glides across my cheeks, even when applied with my fingertips. At $70, it's pricey, but the pan is very large, and the color is unparalleled. I'm not sure how a fickle beauty addict could run out of it.

The limited-edition Luxe Lip Definer in Petal Pink ($50) is one of the prettiest pink lip liners I have seen lately. I think it's going to match my lips perfectly, so I am going to have to buy it. With color on one end and a lip brush on the other, it will be a handy addition to the makeup bag I keep with me at all times.

I'm not at all surprised that Raychel has designed a dynamite collection. She knows color! For more about Raychel, check out my feature about her, written last April.

Not part of Raychel's collection, but also launching in May, is Anti-Aging Hydra Tint SPF 20 ($100). This is an incredible, treatment-laden tinted moisturizer. It has a lot of pigment, so it offers more coverage than your typical tinted moisturizer. I tried it in the store, and I loved it! It will be available in four shades. I was the lightest, a yellow-leaning ivory.

I have so much to tell you about La Prairie's skin care. I have one product to test, the new Cellular Power Infusion. I will start testing that tonight, so I will hold off on featuring it until I finish the vial. There's much more, though. I will show you very soon, if not later today.

Photos courtesy of La Prairie

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Does La Prairie have gold in their pencil eye liner in Bronze for $50.

Prices - like a NASA rocket - out of this World!

Charlestongirl said...

LOL! The prices are high, but I have never regretted a La Prairie purchase. Never. Can't say that for too many lines.