Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Blush at Sephora

Just in time for Valentine's Day, Tarte has introduced a fabulous new powder blusher. Right now, Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Blush ($25) is exclusive to Sephora, where you can find eight gorgeous shades. It's so pretty, I'm not sure if any of us will be able to settle for just one!

Infused with natural clay harvested from the banks of the Amazon River and naturally baked by the sun, this nutrient-rich blush benefits all skin types for a fade-free flawless finish that lasts for an amazing 12 hours. Inspired by Tarte's best-selling shades of cheek stains and lip tints, the colors range from soft to vivid to suit a wide variety of skin tones. For oily skin types, Amazonian clay minimizes oil in and around pores to balance skin and keep the product in place. Those with dry skin will benefit from the clay's nourishing and hydrating properties, which naturally restore skin's moisture. Combination skin types can rely on its ability to zero in on skin concerns and deliver benefits to restore complexion harmony. The result? Blush that wears better, longer, and truer! I can attest to its effectiveness on dry skin. Knowing Tarte's reliability, I will bet that oily and combination skin types will also love it.I swatched two shades for you (provided by Tarte, received with glee). I used a sponge-tipped applicator to apply them to my arm - much darker than anyone would apply them as blush. I wanted you to be able to see the shades. Unfortunately, my best photo is a little blurry (taken indoors in direct light). Fortunately, it doesn't affect the color, which I think you can see well. I haven't been able to get additional photos because we haven't seen sun for days - and are not likely to see it tomorrow either.

Blushing Bride is shown at the top. It's as gorgeous plum-rose. Natural Beauty is shown below. Called a muted strawberry red, it's rose-pink and pretty. Both shades work nicely on my extremely pale skin. Remember, no one would apply her blush with a sponge-tipped applicator intended for eye shadow. Applied with a brush, Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Blush is amazingly flattering. There is a nice mirror in each compact, so you can't go wrong.

Now I have the I-wants. I want Amused (bright pink) and Exposed (nude) - and possibly one more. The shades are delicious. Head over to Sephora to see them.

You can always count on Tarte for good-for-you ingredients. This blush features the following skinvigorating ingredients: vitamins A and E, anti-inflammatory emollients and protect against free radical damage; vitamin C, an antioxidant that fights free radical damage and prevents oxidative stress and premature signs of aging, while brightening the skin; Amazonian clay, a nutrient-rich, multitasking, skin-balancing clay that reduces dryness and flakiness, and improves skin clarity, elasticity, firmness, and texture while removing oil from the skin's surface for smooth application and wear. You'll be treating your skin while brightening your look.

Let me know what you think! I'm planning my next Sephora order.

12 comments:

Mamavalveeta03 said...

These look SO beautiful (I'm such a sucker for anything that is imprinted!) and I can hardly wait to get one...or two...

Charlestongirl said...

These are nice - even without the pattern! What colors interest you, Mama Val?

Marley's Mom said...

Pretty colors, great price, how nice!

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Marley's Mom!

The tarte prices are beyond great - that's why I can buy so many colors of things I love (which is just about everything). :)

Mamavalveeta03 said...

Since it appears that spring is going all about the corals (or, on the other end of the spectrum, all about the lavenders), I think "Blissful" (warm peach) or "Tipsy"(coral) would suit me just fine! I already have my Bobbi Brown "Pale Pink", so that one is covered!

DivaDebbi said...

Every week you tempt me with something that I want but probably dont need!

I do like to layer my blush, powder with a pop of something creamy (right now I am using Josie Moran's Argan blush Stick in Petal Pink). I have acutally reached the bottom of my MAC Dainty.

I will definitely make a Sephora run to check out these Tarte blushes.

Thank you Darling!

Charlestongirl said...

You're too funny, Debbi. Don't we all sell each other "stuff" we don't "need"?

I find it interesting that you start with the powder and layer with the cream. I do the opposite.

These tarte colors are so yummy, I'm sure you'll find one you like. And the price is fabulous!

Harriet said...

Hi- I love your blog- first time I have written- Due to your observations, I purchased the Tart Amazonian Clay- I am in love with this blush. It last all day, is highly pigmented and feels lovely on the skin. Thanks much for the review and the daily smile you bring as I read your words.
Harriet

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Harriet!

That's so sweet. Thank you for commenting!

I am so pleased you like it! What shade did you get?

harriet said...

I purchased Blissful and am off to Sephora for another- Blushing Bride maybe- it reminds me a bit of Laura Merciers Rose Bloom- a color I have worn for yearsThanks Again and I hope you are feeling well.
Harriet

pinkribbons said...

I wish I could swatch these in person but they don't stock Tarte in Australia :(

Charlestongirl said...

That's a bummer, Pink Ribbons! Any trips in your future?