Monday, September 26, 2011

In Depth: Le Métier de Beauté Revive Eye Concentrate

I promised an in-depth look at Le Métier de Beauté's fabulous new skin care after I had a month to try some of the products. Today, I'll report on the Revive Eye Concentrate ($175), the first product I purchased.

Why was it first? I love eye area treatments. I see signs of aging around my eyes. I have those pesky expression lines that prove I smile too much and have not been injected with Botox. I have a little crepiness over the crease - normal at my age, but annoying nonetheless. Additionally, my dry skin is particularly dry around my eyes. My eye area is the first to show dehydration. So, I started with Revive Eye Concentrate. Even though I wanted all the products, I couldn't afford to buy them all at once.

Revive Eye Concentrate with Syntoc Actif + HydrationPlus Complexe (to use its extended name) is an innovative eye treatment featuring a hydrating protein-peptide complex that penetrates the dermis to reduce puffiness and improve lymphatic circulation and elasticity. It's designed to repair and plump the delicate skin around the eyes. Using Le Métier de Beauté's exclusive Syntoc Actif delivery system, which delivers the active ingredients directly to the dermis where they are needed, it offers these key ingredients.
  • Hesperidin methyl chalcone decreases capillary permeability to reduce edema (water retention that causes puffiness and even worse, slackening skin).
  • A state-of-the-art dipeptide improves lymphatic circulation and further reduces edema.
  • Palmitoyl tetrapeptide, a regenerating peptide that has been shown to improve elasticity and strengthen the skin around the eyes. It can slow or inhibit glycation and inflammatory damage too.
In the past year or so, I have found eye creams with peptides to be enormously effective, and I'm a proponent of anti-glycation products. I was eager to get my hands on the Eye Concentrate, and I purchased it the first day in August it was available at Neiman Marcus. I've been using it twice/day since, about a month, except for a two-day test (read below).

The experience of using Revive Eye Concentrate is extremely pleasing. I really like the pump container, although I'll admit I had to learn to use a light hand. The first few times I pumped, I got too much product. I used the excess around my mouth because I didn't want to waste it. I've got the touch perfected now. The only thing I might request to improve the container is the addition of a window. I'd like to know how much I'm using and when I'm approaching the day I need to buy a new one. I imagine one day I'll pump and get a spurt, but it would be nice to know when I must head to the store. I will buy this eye treatment again!

The light pink, creamy serum smells like rose hip oil. It's a very light, pleasant fragrance that I smell on application, but not long after. I use it over and under my eyes. The concentrate absorbs rapidly, leaving the feeling and look of moisture on my skin without any greasiness that can interfere with makeup or trap water overnight. I have found that it's perfect for use on its own; I don't need any additional cream around my eyes.

Even better, it works - really well. Since I started using it, I've noticed two major changes. The crepiness on the inner side of my eyes over the crease has been reduced significantly, making my eyes look younger and better, and the fine lines under my eyes have been blurred. I can crinkle my face (or smile) and force them to reappear, but they have definitely diminished. I've also experienced no puffiness in the morning - even after one nine-hour night sleeping on my side.

I found the effects to be somewhat miraculous, so I decided to go two days in my test period without it. I used a hydrating cream without peptides on one day and nothing on the next, a hide-out weekend day. I certainly noticed a difference. My areas of concern were back. That little test told me two things: 1) I need to use Revive Eye Concentrate every day, twice a day, as directed, and 2) a month's duration may not have produced lasting effects at the cellular level. That stands to reason, given a skin cell's life cycle. I'm just now nearing a turnover, at one month, and I hadn't finished a complete cycle when I ran my two-day test.

The verdict? I would recommend Le Métier de Beauté Revive Eye Concentrate to everyone. I think it will work well for any skin type because of its lightweight texture and rapid absorption. It's one of the best eye treatments I've ever used. Those of us who know Le Métier de Beauté would expect nothing less. Topping it will be tough for the competition.

You can purchase Le Métier de Beauté's Revive Eye Concentrate at Neiman Marcus and Bergdorf Goodman. Neiman Marcus has a live chat tomorrow, September 27, with a Le Métier de Beauté expert from 11:00 am to 1:00 pm CT. You can get to the chat from this link if you have any questions you'd like to ask.

Photo courtesy of Neiman Marcus

14 comments:

panties said...

It's a great product, as I've used samples a few months ago. I'm glad you like it as well!! It's definitely an underrated product.

Charlestongirl said...

LOL, I'm not sure it's been available long enough to call it underrated.

I think people just don't "know it" yet.

Unknown said...

Oh heavens... I think you may have sold me on this! Did you find a difference in the puffiness of your lids? I have trouble with my lids being a bit hooded and puffiness just accentuates it. Thanks!

panties said...

i guess i'm a lucky girl to test things earlier. :) hopefully people enjoy it as much as we do.

Charlestongirl said...

PP, I don't have lid puffiness, so I'd be guessing if I answered. Sorry!

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Panties,

Yes, we are indeed lucky. I got to test the day and night creams early from "made" testers, and I loved them!

Unknown said...

I've been using Revive since late August, about a month, and noticed that it has reduced my undereye puffiness, and on the lids somewhat. I agree that using a little longer than a month may show more changes. I'm also wondering if drinking more water will help.

Unknown said...

How big is the bottle? I haven't been able to find that info anywhere. Seems silly to purchase something having no idea whether your getting 5ml or 30ml?

Charlestongirl said...

Ava, they claim that drinking lots of water helps flush out the bad stuff, so probably. :)

Charlestongirl said...

It's .5 ounce or 15 ml, standard for eye creams.

Unknown said...

Thanks!

LoveSugarBabyDoll said...

hmmmm.... I need a new eye cream. Have tried several recently- not in love with anything- was thinking of going back to La Prairie as I used to love it- it's only slightly less expensive.
Ms. Charlestongirl- I would be very interested to know how long this bottle lasts.

Charlestongirl said...

Me too, LSBD, since I can't see how much of the total I've used. I expect it will be a few months.

oluk said...

Charlestongirl,
Do you still use Le Metier de Beaute Revive Eye Concentrate? If so, how long does one bottle normally last on your? Thanks.