Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Quick Peek: Le Métier de Beauté Modernist Merlot Kaleidoscope Eye Kit

Le Métier de Beauté's Modernist Merlot Kaleidoscope Eye Kit ($95) was launched last week at Neiman Marcus Fashion Island at Newport Center in California. I just got it and haven't had time to swatch it for you. Isn't it pretty?

Yes, it arrived from its cross-country trip damaged, but it's too much trouble to send it back. I don't even know if there are any still available. I'll have to get over the little hunk out of the top shade. I'm sure I can clean up the eye shadow powder that's all over the kit.

Assuming I can get decent lighting tomorrow, I'll show you swatch photos. Modernist Merlot is everything I expected - and more!

Photos by Best Things in Beauty

14 comments:

luv2smilexo said...

oo how did I not even hear about this!?!

Unknown said...

Beautiful! Shame about the poor chip but you're going to use it anyways so just dig in!

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Love2smilexo,

I heard about it from Erin Lockard when she was here last week, and also from Kathy Shoreman (who ordered it for me). I don't think it got much publicity, but a photo was on Facebook.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Perilously Pale!

Yes, it's a shame, but not life-altering. :) You're right - I am grateful to have it. Also, I never use up all my makeup anyhow.

Unknown said...

Is is beautiful, but the colors are lighter than I had hoped. Maybe I'll create my own kaleidoscope like Pink Sith did.

Charlestongirl said...

That's always an option, Ava. You can do it anytime.

Joey said...

What a pretty kaleido! Is this a Neiman's exclusive?

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Joey, yes, and it was exclusive to that one Neiman Marcus! Kathy option 7'd it for me.

Unknown said...

That's really pretty! I shall look forward to swatches.

Joey said...

Oh, lucky you! Kathy is the best.

Miss Brahms said...

You are so nice, all of you!!! I'm feeling the love!!!!

Charlestongirl said...

Hi friends!

Just posted MB!

Joey, Kathy is the best. :)

Miss Brahms, we do love you!

Anonymous said...

How would you compare this to silk road?

Charlestongirl said...

The third shade of Modernist Merlot appears to be the same as the one in Silk Road. The other three shades are original.