Tuesday, September 6, 2011

New: Rahua Voluminous Shampoo and Conditioner

I may be one of Rahua's most ardent fans. If you are new to Best Things in Beauty and didn't see last year's features on Rahua's first introductions, click here and here. I described my love as "Rahua rapture," although that may have described my state of mind, rather than the products themselves, the first time I used them.

Bloggers aren't supposed to find themselves at a loss for words, but I wasn't able to think of enough superlatives to use in describing Rahua's original Shampoo and Conditioner. Awesome, impressive, luscious - those adjectives applied, along with effective, which doesn't sound terribly exciting, but actually means a lot in beauty parlance. Earth-friendly, green, and animal friendly were also - and remain - applicable. "Wow" worked for me last year. Rahua's hair-care products are fabulous.

Not long ago, I learned that Rahua had introduced a new line to its collection called "Voluminous." Just like the title, the Voluminous Shampoo ($32) and Conditioner ($34) will give you plenty of volume in your hair, even if it's board-straight and relatively volume-less like mine. I've learned from their first use that the new products deserve all the accolades I showered on the original shampoo and conditioner.

The shampoo cleanses to create body and bounce without the drying effects found in other volumizing lines, and it's safe for color-treated hair. Rich with organic and 100% natural ingredients, it offers an aromatheraputic lavender and eucalyptus treat to calm and relax while shampooing. It's a subtle treat, not an all-out herb-fest. I find the scent pleasing, and it's gone once I step out of the shower. To my mind, that's perfect.

Lemongrass and green tea create body, volume, and bounce by balancing and removing excess oils from the hair shaft, without compromising the integrity of the hair. Citric juices break down oils, allowing you to extend the time between washes if you wish. Rain forest-gown Ungurahua nut oil is rich in omega-9 and helps to restore, heal, moisturize, and strengthen the hair follicles and shaft, resulting in stronger, healthier hair. Jojoba adds moisturizing properties and nourishment to the hair. Then there's the lavender and eucalyptus to make you feel good.

The shampoo makes my hair feel clean and light. It's lighter than Rahua's regular shampoo, and it's a great choice for summer - or for alternating with Rahua's first wondrous shampoo.

The first time I used Rahua's Voluminous Conditioner, I was pleased that I could get it out of its container. My only complaint with Rahua's regular conditioner is that it comes in a bottle with a flip-up top to dispense the incredibly thick and luxurious product. I had to remove (unscrew) the cap and must tap/shake the bottle vigorously each time I use it to force the conditioner into my palm. That's not a great a hardship when you love something, but it isn't ultra-convenient. It's a trade-off, though: rich and effective vs. the alternative.

Rahua's Voluminous Conditioner offers no such obstacles. It has a thinner formula, and it dispenses easily, while working perfectly. It protects while creating body and bounce, and like the new shampoo, it's safe for color-treated hair. Also rich with organic and 100% natural ingredients, Voluminous Conditioner adds volume and vitality. Lemongrass, green tea, Ungurahua oil, and jojoba offer the same benefits they offer in the shampoo, while the lavender and eucalyptus extend my aromatheraputic moments.

Rahua Voluminous Conditioner can do double duty as a hair beautifier for use when styling to add control and prevent frizz. I haven't used it that way. My hair is too fine and too thin for much coating after cleansing and conditioning.

I purchased the new Voluminious Hair Spray ($28) and saved it for this week. Days of rain will be the ultimate test of a hair spray. There is a user guide at Rahua's site, and I want to make sure I use it properly to evaluate its effectiveness.

I would recommend Rahua's products to everyone. For many years, I have had an exclusive set of the best brands for my hair in my shower. They are, in my opinion, the best of the best, and they are all a bit pricey. They make such a difference, they are worth every penny. I'm adding Rahua Voluminous Shampoo and Voluminous Conditioner to that exclusive set, which contains the original Rahua set. I think I'm going to alternate the new Voluminous products with the original ones because my hair is dry, even in the summer. Using both will give me a nice balance between super-moisturizing one day and moisturizing and volumizing the next. It's a win!

Amazon Beauty has a Web site where you can learn about the brand and see that everyone in the world of beauty, fashion, and Hollywood has discovered Rahua. You can shop there too, or you can purchase Rahua hair care at Beauyhabit (my last purchase of the new products), New London Pharmacy, Barneys New York, Ion Studio, and other retail locations (stores and online) listed here. Rahua has a Facebook page too. There's no excuse for being unaware of the wondrous Rahua hair care.

A portion of every purchase is donated to educate tribes in the Amazon about ways to protect their jungles and rivers from deforestation and contamination through sustainable use of natural resources. That should give you an additional reason to consider Rahua.

I can't say enough good things. It's as simple as that!

Photos courtesy of Amazon Beauty

7 comments:

Lydia said...

I absolutely love the original Rahua. My medium textured, wavy, prone-to-frizz hair has never been so well behaved as it is with Rahua. Glad they're expanding for finer haired ladies too.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Grace London!

Actually, I think the original Rahua is perfect for all of us! I adore the shampoo and conditioner and would never be without them. The new Voluminous gives us options, which I love. Try them! :)

lovethescents said...

I saw these Barney's and gave them a pass...I've been having MAJOR hair issues during this never-ending post partum period. Lost tons of it! Way more than I did after our first child. Now? I'm on iron, biotin, and protein, keeping my fingers tightly crossed! I may even go for Rogaine once I stop breastfeeding. Rahua will have to wait....

Charlestongirl said...

Lovethescents, check out the Nioxin line too. I have a friend testing it for us now.

lovethescents said...

Thank you, C!

Liz said...

I'll be checkimg these out as soon as I use up what I have in the shower. Speaking of which, I would be interested to hear what makes the cut in yours. That could be a post alal by itself!

richgirldiaries said...

Debating on the splurge for these. I have fine hair too and I'm a naturalist with products. Plus, a junkie for such beautiful classic packaging! beautyhabit.com has their friends and family sale going on now - 20% off with code FF11