Saturday, September 17, 2011

Quick Peek: Clé de Peau Beauté Palette Vintage III for Holiday/Winter 2011

My photo of Clé de Peau Beauté's Palette Vintage III highlighter ($125) for Holiday/Winter 2011 was taken quickly at Neiman Marcus yesterday. There will be no swatching today because the sky is heavily overcast and it has even drizzled (when we were out in the woods saving wild animals and plants from a developer - more on that later).

Inspired by the timeless allure of vintage jewelry, the face powder in this palette will provide a glow to your skin with its elegant, lustrous colors. The yellow gold, rose gold, pearly white, and golden nude shades combine to make a beautiful, sparkling highlighter for your festive events.

The double-decker palette has the silky cream powder with pearl pigments at the top, a mirror in the cover, and a brush in the lower level. The brush is wide, perfect for sweeping across the powder to pick up all the shades and deposit them where you want to glow.

Last year's Vintage Palette had rays of color. This year we celebrate the holidays with a modernistic color block pattern. As always, Clé de Peau Beauté has introduced a limited-supply collector's piece. It's gorgeous. I purchased mine at Neiman Marcus.

Update 4:50 pm: The sun came out, and I got a swatch photo. As you can see, the powder is very light when all shades are blended together. It's going to be hard for you to see on my arm. The swatch in the middle has a pearly, light pink hue. That's the highlighter.

If you purchase one of these beautiful palettes, do not apply too much pressure to the raised surface. It started to crumble under the sponge-tipped applicator I used to swatch.

Photos by Best Things in Beauty

8 comments:

Carrie Meredith said...

This looks absolutely incredible. I'll be looking forward to your swatching! I have so many highlighting compacts, but I haven't bought one in awhile, this may have to be the one. :)

Charlestongirl said...

Thanks, Carrie. If we can get even a snatch of sunlight later, I can get some color-true photos. Here's hoping!

Carrie Meredith said...

Would you say it's probably better to apply with a brush, now that you've tried swatching with the sponge-tip applicator?

Charlestongirl said...

Absolutely, Carrie! It is intended to be used with a brush. I was trying to get enough pigment for the very light powder to show in a photo. When I applied it with a brush, it provided a cool highlight that would never have shown in an arm photo, and the surface was unharmed.

Carrie Meredith said...

Excellent! Thanks so much!

Kristie said...

Wow that's pretty! Thank you for the eye candy and swatches.

Charlestongirl said...

Thanks, Kristie! I love pretty palettes. :)

Unknown said...

I'm desperate to find this! I have searched every possible place..can anyone point me in the right direction?