Thursday, September 22, 2011

Rouge Bunny Rouge Succulence of Dew Sheer Lipstick - Murmurings

I can't get enough Rouge Bunny Rouge Succulence of Dew Sheer Lipstick ($32.58). During one of my first online shopping forays at Zuneta, I saw that Rouge Bunny Rouge offered eight lipstick shades in a sheer formula. I love sheer lip colors. I had a dilemma. Buy one or all eight? I decided to buy one, try it out, and then order more.

As you might imagine, I needed more, and I ordered more. I had been intrigued by Murmurings (#007), described as a "wet effect, sheer cool damson - like you have just eaten a bowl of cherries." I really wanted to try it, but the swatches I had seen left me wondering if it might be too dark for me. I shouldn't have worried with such a sheer formula!

Succulence of Dew Sheer Lipstick has all the qualities of my other Rouge Bunny Rouge makeup beauties: whimsical packaging, lust-worthy color, and a story. The first shade I had ordered was Dissolved in Dreams. You can see it at this link. That's where you can also read the enchanting tale about these "soft, diaphanous colors that hover on your lips so finely that they enhance and refine your naturalness into a graceful glamour." Then I ordered Tongue Tickles, which is extremely popular and had been sold out at one point. Now, I'm thrilled with my new Murmurings. It is the perfect shade to take into autumn.

Many of the cherries I eat are dark red. Murmurings is definitely not dark red. I would describe it as rose, but that's probably because I'm a gardener and my analogies are often to flowers.

The shade of Murmurings in my swatch photos shows that it's not dark at all. The natural pigment in my lips makes it appear just a tiny bit darker - and extremely natural. When worn, it's actually my lip color made darker, which couldn't be more perfect for a natural look. This could be my everyday lipstick. It looks great, feels great. What more could one ask?

My photos were taken in sunlight that was obscured by a few high clouds. I wish it had been brighter outside, but I took what I could get. I brightened up the photo at right just a tad (primarily because Blogger has been displaying photos oddly for months). The color shines in sunlight more than it does indoors. I hope you can see that it's a lively rose that has a touch of warmth - not too much - just enough to make it wearable by just about everyone.

I've become quite the Rouge Bunny Rouge groupie, thanks to my friends at Zuneta. Zuneta's customer service, helping me (or you) select colors online is superlative. The shipping from the U.K. is free to international customers who order enough. I haven't had any trouble achieving the free shipping level on multiple occasions. I've also taken advantage of Zuneta's occasional free shipping offers when I didn't need to make a £65 purchase.

You can find the Rouge Bunny Rouge Web site at this link. Head over to Zuneta to browse and order. See if you can resist. I think that's a challenge.

Photos by Best Things in Beauty

4 comments:

Unknown said...

My first two Succelence of Dew lipsticks should be arriving any day now! This one looks lovely.
You are so right about pics displaying weird on blogger. I do my posts and then look at them and wonder why the pics I thought were perfect look like garbage. It's been very frustrating.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Pale one! You are going to love them!

As for Blogger, they changed something about their photo methodology. Not sure what or why, but I do find that what isn't dark on my display when I crop my photos is dark once the photo is stored in Blogger.

Unknown said...

That is exactly the issue I'm having. Everything looks darker and washed out. Grrr.

Mimi said...

The Neiman Marcus in Bellevue, WA has the exquisitely gorgeous Nuit collection now! You won't be disappointed. It is even more beautiful than I was expecting. The spray powder is amazing! It has a very soft and lovely shimmer including blue sparkles and a scent that is soft and classy. The dark lipstick is actually a very wearable somewhat sheer rosy purple and those of us who loves purples will love this. The blush/highlighter compact is incredible, so pretty! I also bought the Meteorites which have less shimmer than the others but perfect for fair to medium skin tones, very natural and softly lit. You must check out this collection even if you think you are not interested in it. The quality will amaze you!