Thursday, September 15, 2011

Quick Peek: Le Métier de Beauté Oscar de la Renta Kaleidoscope

It's a happy week when two new Le Métier de Beauté Kaleidoscopes arrive! This afternoon before the rains came, my limited-edition Oscar de la Renta Kaleidoscope arrived. You may know that it was available only at Bergdorf Goodman and the Oscar de la Renta boutique in New York. Introduced for Fashion's Night Out, it was a huge hit.

Mine came "zooming" in this afternoon, delivered by the FedEx guy I'm getting to know. One day earlier in the week he asked me why I was sitting in my driveway taking photos of makeup. I guess he had never seen me out there.

The Kaleidoscope is very snazzy. Even before I got to the colors, I found that it has its own blue pouch for storage. The velveteen pouch is larger than the Kaleidoscope, so I can even store my Artemis Liquid Eyeliner in it. The box in which the makeup and pouch came is red, white, and black, and it contains a message from Oscar de la Renta that says...

Color has always been an extremely important part of who I am as a designer. It is wonderful to work with cosmetics because they are such an important part of a woman's sense of femininity. The colors in my palette are meant to compliment a woman and enhance her natural beauty. I have chosen shades that are indispensible [sic], like a good red lip and a neutral highlighter for the cheekbones.

Open the fancy box, and you'll find the magnificent palette shown above and below. The Lip Crème is a gorgeous shade of red. I'll get swatches for you as soon as the sun shines again. The champagne Radiance Powder Rouge, a new shade, is perfect - absolutely perfect. The two True Color Eye Shadows will coordinate beautifully to create a beautiful look for any season. This is an incredible palette, made even more so by its association with a designer whose creations are always elegant.

I don't know if Bergdorf Goodman has any of the Kaleidoscopes left. I suspect they don't, but you could always call the Le Métier de Beauté counter at Bergdorf Goodman at (212) 872-8612. I'm sure that if there's a way to find you one, Dustin Lujan will do his best. I have not checked with the Oscar de la Renta boutique in New York to find out if they sold out there. If you know, please leave a comment.

As soon as I can get swatches of this beauty, I will publish them. For now, I'm enjoying just looking at it.

Photos by Best Things in Beauty

9 comments:

Crystal said...

What a great week, two BEAUTIFUL Kaleidoscopes! At this point I don't think they can make something I don't like, everything is just genius and so unique as compared to what everyone else is doing.

Charlestongirl said...

Is that cool, or what, Crystal? !!

I just love LMdB - and the people.

Veronica said...

So stunning!!! I NEED this palette!! Will try to hunt one down!!!! Anyone have leads?! As always, thank you for sharing!!!!!

Bridget S. said...

I spoke to Dustin on Sept 7th and they were completely sold out, but I believe Oscar De La Renta Boutique (212) 288 5810 still had them in stock. I wore it today and the look is so amazing. I was worried that it would look too much with the lips bold and they eye a darker colour, but it totally worked! The lip colour wore beautifully too! I hope they are still in stock!

Unknown said...

I have to agree with Crystal, you really scored this week! It's a beautiful kaleidoscope. Can't wait to see your swatches!

Charlestongirl said...

Thanks for the info, Bridget! Good luck, Veronica! Hope you can find it.

Charlestongirl said...

I will try to swatch today, Ava. The day is going to be a little crazy, though. I hope to accomplish everything on my to-do list. Not sure it's going to be possible.

Hope we have sunshine!

Anonymous said...

Lovely colours!
Just a little hi, not had much time to log in. Seems we're all pretty buzy.
Ciao!
Rachel

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Rachel!

I've been super-busy for the last few days too. Glad you stopped by!