Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Sneak Peek: YSL Limited-Edition Manicure Collection and Palette Smoking Noir

Black is black, unless it's created by Yves Saint Laurent.

This fall/winter 2011 season is shaping up to be dramatic, and YSL is doing its part to ensure we have daring choices to glam up our faces and nails. The limited-edition Manicure Collection ($30) is an elegant re-interpretation of the French manicure, Le Manicure Le Smoking.

Two deep black nail polish shades, one shiny and one matte, will give you the perfect manicure for your tuxedo jacket as you head out to late fall and winter holiday parties. What better way to draw attention that statement ring on your finger?

Think you need to limit black to your nails? YSL is introducing the ultimate eye shadow palette for a smoky eye look: Palette Smoking Noir ($65). Inspired by glamorous evening wear, Le Smoking (the tuxedo) eye palette plays with the most sophisticated of blacks and a creamy white shade. It's also a limited edition.

Each shade expresses a different texture, representing the beautiful fabrics used by the Yves Saint Laurent Couture House. The five shades, shown and numbered at left are #1, Matte Velvet; #2, Shiny Silk; #3, Sparkling Moiré; #4, Glittering Lamé; and #5, Creamy Satin.

I was able to see this amazing collection at a preview party last week at Neiman Marcus. It drew a crowd!

Make sure to look for these pieces and more from YSL Beauté in October. YSL's fourth-quarter introductions are gorgeous.

Photos courtesy of YSL Beauté

18 comments:

Giovanni_Rocco said...

I really that the black aid polish :D can't wait to try it on my nails and she the results. I won't be trying the eyes shadows because 1) they look like some shadows I have from Dior 2) I am trying to stay away from smokey eye

Noniek said...

Wow, black nail polish. I think I will use it only for nail art :)

lovethescents said...

I really don't like the look of matte polish, and it's not something I see on most people...are anyone really.

Black polish? I know it's so en vogue but it doesn't work for me. Neither does the smokey eye. BUT, I love your suggestion for adding a beautiful ring to that black polished mani!

Unknown said...

Hmmm, Chanel is doing the same mani with the new Holiday reds...

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Giovanny,

The do indeed make a dramatic smoky eye, even though they "lift" as charcoal.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Noniek,

They are perfect for nail art - or drama!

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Lovethescents!

What better way to show off a stunning gem? I'll bet Elizabeth Taylor would have worn black to draw attention to her amazing rings.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Ava,

All new new shades of nail polish are enthralling. I'm being "captured."

joy said...

I wonder if this new twist on the french manicure could be duplicated with clear matte polish over any gloss? Love the idea but would want more color options....

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Joy, I must be clueless...what did you mean? Help!

Unknown said...

I love the YSL and Chanel polishes too - I'll just ignore that they are late to the matte look. I'll give them credit for doing matte tips, no one has done that yet that I know of. It's great look.

LoveSugarBabyDoll said...

what fun! i'll be looking for the polishes.

Bonnie C. said...

I'm not usually one for really dark polish, but I am starting to get a bit more adventurous. I'm don't know about the palette though, it's a bit too much black for me. Unless it's a liner dark colors don't really do that well on my eyes. YSL does have really pretty packaging though. :-) Thanks for the review! :-)

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Ava,

I need to hit you up to write a guest post on nail trends!

Charlestongirl said...

The arrival date of the late fall intros seems to be a mystery, but I'm sure October will bring these goodies, plus holiday. There are some amazing goodies on the way from YSL.

LoveSugarBabyDoll, get ready to love them!

Charlestongirl said...

Bonnie, the deep smoky eye is so theatrical that you might be more comfy in a natural look, or a colored smoky eye that's less intense. I am!

Unknown said...

Charlestongirl, I'd be happy to do nail trends post for you! The new Holiday YSL and Chanel polishes are not in yet, at least not at NM tonight.

Facelift Natural said...

Smokey nails! Now that's pretty awesome for fall! Will go well with all the smokey eyes I'm sure is just waiting to come back!