Tuesday, September 20, 2011

New: Ultraflesh Tinted Moisturizer

Utraflesh has extended its all-star line-up with a new Tinted Moisturizer ($34) that offers illuminating and priming properties. The creamy and silky tinted moisturizer helps give the skin an ultra-radiant complexion in any kind of light.

With a look that's natural to match any skin tone, the anti-aging formula contains brown algae extract, tocotrienol, and oligo-peptides to provide coverage of skin imperfections and help skin look glowingly beautiful all day and all night.

I ordered Ultraflesh's new Tinted Moisturizer in Diaphanous, the lightest of six shades. I absolutely love it when I find a tinted moisturizer that is offered without the assumption that one shade fits all skin tones. When it arrived, I immediately applied it and marveled at how seamlessly the lightweight formula blended into my skin. I had found a winner.

Ultraflesh's Tinted Moisturizer contains light diffusing particles that give me an all-over air-brushed look and a glow. When I'm wearing it, I don't feel a need for foundation. I feel dewy, and there's enough pigment in the moisturizer to cover the redness in my face. When I do apply foundation over it, I never see "product build-up."

This product is made with respect for our skin, our environment, and the animals with whom we share our planet. It doesn't contain castor oil, animal by-products, gluten, GMO, or toxins. There are no parabens, sulfates, synthethic fragrances, synthetic dyes, or phthlates. It is preserved with naturally derived ingredients.

Ultraflesh (the company) was inspired by the desire to elevate mundane beauty routines with a high-fashion collection of beauty products made with innovative designs and infused with even more innovative technology. I have fallen in love with every Ultraflesh product I've purchased from Sephora, the exclusive retailer.

I've labeled Ultraflesh a smashing success. The brand deserves more exposure! Check it out the next time you are surfing Sephora.

Update 9/22: I promised a swatch photo of Diaphanous if I could ever get one. The sun made a temporary appearance this morning, so I put a dab of the shade totally unblended at the top of my arm and a partially blended shade below. If I had blended it totally and properly, you wouldn't have seen anything in a photo. As I described in the comments, it leans yellow, not pink, so it covers the redness in my face.

Photo at top courtesy of Sephora; swatch photo by Best Things in Beauty

14 comments:

Carrie Meredith said...

I have VERY pale skin, do you think the shade you picked up would work on the ultra-fair? I'm in the market for something like this right now.

Charlestongirl said...

Yes, I do, Carrie. My skin is very fair too, and Diaphanous should work. It matches the very pale skin on the inside of my arm and at my jawline. Do you have a Sephora nearby?

Elizabeth said...

This sounds fantastic. May I ask how it compares to Peau Vierge, if it compares at all?

Suselew said...

Oh, I love finding a company that specializes in natural products and cruelty-free. Is Diaphanous a pink-based or yellow-based color? I need more of a neutral because too yellow and I look sick and too pink and it makes my ruddy complexion worse. Thanks!

Harshleen@BeautyTidbits said...

This sounds amazing! Will definitely check it out on my next trip to Sephora!

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Elizabeth, it has more pigment, and thus more coverage, than Peau Vierge.

Charlestongirl said...

Suselew, Diaphanous leans yellow. There is no pink in it.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Harshleen,

Make sure to look at all the fabulous Ultraflesh products.

Charlestongirl said...

If the sun ever comes out again, I'll put a swatch of my shade on this feature.

Rola said...

Darn, I just got Peau Vierge and now I want to give this one a try. Sounds so good! I will have a look at Sephora, thanks!

Charlestongirl said...

Rola, it's always fun to wear one one day and the other the next. No better way to determine which suits you best. :)

I do think of them as clinically different products, with the LMdB having the special delivery method for retinol.

Anonymous said...

I just found this blog while looking for someone SOMEWHERE who is selling Ultraflesh products, since Sephora discontinued it. I loved their products! I don't know how much you know about the line but, the next "darkest" shade down from Diaphenous is called Suffused. Do you remember if this color leans more pink or more yellow? I think Diapenous would work on me but the product I'm looking at purchasing on Amazon doesn't come in Diaphenous (the Ninja Star compact). I bought Incandescent before Sephora completely discontinued the line but it's too dark! :(

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Anonymous,,

Sephora dropped the line because the wonderful, creative founders stopped development and were forced to sell their company. A real bummer! I loved Ultraflesh.

I'm sorry I can't help you with the darker shades. I didn't know them. Best to choose another product at this point.

Anonymous said...

Sephora discontinued ultraflesh really I didn't know that I was on the website 2 minutes ago and the products were on sale I was looking for a review of the product