Monday, April 2, 2012

New: Natura Bissé Tolerance Enzyme Peel

When I experienced my Natura Bissé Pure Air Bubble Diamond White Facial, I was introduced to a new product, Tolerance Enzyme Peel ($150). I have used it since that time, and I'm totally smitten. This enzymatic peel for delicate skin must have been made for me - and possibly you?

Tolerance Enzyme Peel is an exceptionally effective and gentle exfoliator that was developed "based on cutting-edge cosmetic engineering with a blend of ingredients that emit ultra-soft vibrations and provide a multi-sensory experience."

Tolerance Enzyme Peel gently pampers the skin with a non-aggressive (granule-free) micro-exfoliation of the most damaged layers of the skin, revealing an even, smooth, soft, and luminous appearance. Ideal for all skin types, especially the most sensitive and delicate skins, Tolerance Enzyme Peel is formulated with prickly pear (opuntia ficus) and papaya (carica papaya) extracts that exfoliate and renew the skin from within by stimulating a natural self-exfoliating process. The peel also includes a botanical extract of chamomile that soothes, decongests, and maintains the skin’s natural pH balance and a sugar extract from bio-fermented zea mays along with other derma-soothing and moisturizing ingredients that will help you maintain a porcelain complexion. It does this without without causing any inflammation, redness, or feelings of discomfort. I can attest, through use, that it's ideal for the most sensitive and delicate skins. It was designed to work for all skin types.

I was afraid to try Tolerance Enzyme Peel. It contains salicylic acid, an ingredient that burns my skin on contact more often than not. I chatted for a long time with Michael Ann Guthrie, Natura Bissé's National Director of Sales, when she was at Neiman Marcus during "the bubble." She assured me that my skin wouldn't react to Tolerance Enzyme Peel, and she gave me samples to try (and later sent more). Michael Ann was absolutely, totally, 100% correct. Not only did it not irritate my sensitive skin, it improved it. What's totally amazing is that it "does its thing" in only a few minutes, which will leave anyone who says exfoliation is too much trouble at a loss for words.


Here are the benefits, according to Natura Bissé.
  • Non-aggressive exfoliation
  • Upon application to skin, the gel texture adheres to the epidermis and perfectly lifts off the dead cells
  • Allows for exfoliation in the more delicate areas of the face (eye contour and lip area)
  • Your skin is left smooth and velvety; its texture is visibly refined
  • Deep sensation of well-being; your face breathes and glows with a natural radiance
  • Ideal treatment to alternate with Natura Bissé's fabulous Glyco Extreme Peel during the resting periods
  • Does not cause photosensitivity, but using sunscreen during the treatment (an SPF 30 at a minimum) is recommended
The experience of using Tolerance Enzyme Peel is extremely pleasant. Apply it with average thickness all over your face (and neck if you wish). Massage the product with ascending circular movements until the texture liquefies on the skin. That takes about a minute or less. Once the peel liquifies, you can wash it off, but you really should continue to gently massage your face for a short time, ensuring you dislodge any dead skin cells and dissolve impurities. Natura Bissé recommends that you then perform gentle friction maneuvers using the tips of the fingers, area by area, and always holding the skin. You don't have to perform that step (in my opinion); a gentle massage wherever you applied the product works just fine. Remove the excess product with a sponge moistened with warm water - or just wash it off as I do. It's easy to use, fast, effective - and best of all, gentle.

How does my skin look after I use Tolerance Enzyme Peel? Smooth, even-toned, pore-free, and glowing. It leaves me with a healthy, rosy glow (not red), a glow that I don't have naturally. My skin feels smooth and clean, without any dryness that might be caused by stripping the skin's moisture. It's a miracle!

I am absolutely in love with Natura Bissé's new Tolerance Enzyme Peel. It launched in February. By now, I'm sure Natura Bissé regulars will have tried it. If you haven't - for whatever reason - you must. This peel, designed for sensitive skin, will delight you, no matter what skin type you have. Can exfoliating be fun? It is now.

You can purchase Natura Bissé products at Neiman Marcus and Bergdorf Goodman, or you can shop at Natura Bissé's Web site (where there is currently an amazing gift with purchase). Definitely swing by the next time you see a Natura Bissé counter. Ask for a sample of Tolerance Enzyme Peel. I think you're going to love it as much as I do.

Photo courtesy of Natura Bissé

4 comments:

Liz said...

I've been using glyco peel for the last decade or so. Do you think enzyme peel is better? I am wondering whether I should pick one or the other b/c using them in conjunction with all the other exfoliating products I use - CdP eclat, retinol in LMdB, Clairsonic might be too much?

Charlestongirl said...

Liz, I use the Glyco peel too. Michael Ann suggests using the Enzyme Peel "in between" the stronger applications. I think use of the Enzyme Peel in between would allow you to space out the Glyco treatments. I'd be careful about using too many exfoliators at once. This one, though, is beyond gentle, while still effective.

Laetitia said...

It's good to hear you've had such a positive experience with this product. Salicylic acid can be hit or miss for a lot of people -- I've had good results with it (better than with a glycolic peel).

Once I got beyond the fact this product costs the same as the Tolerance moisturizer, I've loved using it around the eye contour and the lip area. Have you tried any other products from the Tolerance line? NB has been promoting it heavily. The moisturizer saved my skin this winter.

Charlestongirl said...

I have, Laetitia! I love them all. It's a great brand and a great line.