Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Perricone MD Acyl-Glutathione Eye Lid Serum

I'm impressed. Perricone MD Acyl-Glutathione Eye Lid Serum ($115) works, with visible results. In this day and age, with marketing claims that don't always match reality, Dr. Perricone has scored with this eye serum.

Claimed to be a first in skin-care technology, Acyl-Glutathione Eye Lid Serum topically replenishes the skin’s glutathione levels around the eye to dramatically reduce the visible signs of aging in the upper eyelid area and deliver a youthful, more awakened appearance. Additional benefits include dramatic tightness and firmness of droopy eyelids, smoothing of fine lines and wrinkles, and minimized redness and dark circles anywhere around the eye. The light, fast-absorbing texture of Acyl-Glutathione Eye Lid Serum also enhances make-up application by acting as a primer to help make-up glide on more smoothly and improve its wear throughout the day.

A patent-pending molecule, acyl-glutathione replenishes the glutathione levels in the skin. Glutathione is the chief, master antioxidant that rapidly depletes with age, stress, the environment, and less-than-optimal health. Its replenishment is critical to help the skin defend itself against accelerated aging. Glutathione deficits show up on the skin as fatigue, dullness, severe loss of elasticity, deep wrinkles, extreme loss of hydration, and visible change in skin texture.

A four-week independent consumer use study resulted in these conclusions.
  • 76% reported improvement in the appearance of deep creases above the eyes
  • 73% reported an improvement in the firmness of the eyelid skin and reduced droopiness or sagging
  • 80% reported an improvement in the appearance of dark circles under the eyes
  • 71% said they felt an instant smoothing effect around the 360-degree orbital rim of the eye area
Had I participated in the tests, I would have been among those who saw dramatic results. I have used Acyl-Glutathione Eye Lid Serum day and night for two months. My concern was crepiness in the inside lid above the crease, closest to my nose. It happens to everyone with age, but I hate it. This serum clearly and significantly reduced that crepiness.

Dr. Perricone recommends applying the serum directly to the eyelid, working up to the brow bone in gentle patting motions. Also apply it to crow's feet and lower contours of the eye area. It takes only a few moments to absorb and then you can follow it with an eye cream if you wish (I do). There is no fragrance, and it is so lightweight, I cannot feel it on my skin. Additionally, a very tiny amount is adequate for coverage around both eyes; a light-handed pump is all you need.

In short, it works! While that shouldn't be amazing, it's delightfully unique among scores of products said to make a difference around the eyes. I won't be without Acyl-Glutathione Eye Lid Serum until Dr. Perricone introduces its successor.

You can purchase Acyl-Glutathione Eye Lid Serum at the Perricone MD Web site, Sephora, Nordstrom, and other outlets for Dr. Perricone's products. I purchased mine from Sephora.

Photo courtesy of Perricone MD

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the review! I have always wondered if this worked. There is only one other eyelid cream that I've seen around (Strivectin). There aren't very many on the market. I'm definitely going to look into this, and maybe pick one up for myself!

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Anonymous,

I was really delighted that I saw a difference within a few weeks. Amazing!

Unknown said...

I am using this as well. Started almost 2 weeks ago. I am seeing better results than I've seen with a product since I can recall. Love it! Unfortunately I still have a lot of upper lid puffiness. I think I still need to find something to add to my regime to address this and I'll be in great shape!

Polarbelle said...

It's always nice to hear about a targeted purpose cream that really works. I'm going to consider this as my next eye cream. Thanks for the review.