Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Bobbi Brown Treatment Lip Shine - New Shades in the Miami Collection for Spring 2012

I have adored Bobbi Brown's Treatment Lip Shine ($23) since its introduction. It is a lightweight, soft-shine lipstick that doubles as a rejuvenating treatment. It instantly comforts dry, chapped lips and provides long-term moisture with natural cocoa and shea butters, jojoba, and apricot kernel and avocado oils. The formula also includes today's essential peptides, along with vitamin C and paracress, to help stimulate natural collagen production in order to reduce fine lines and wrinkles.

The four new shades, just in time for summer, offer a beautiful spectrum of colors. I really wanted all four. Then I got real and decided to select two - just two. My choices were Pink Seashell (#19) and Sunset Beach (#17). The only thing that would have made me happier would have been to have had the wherewithal to buy all four. Sheer, shiny, hydrating lip colors are my favorite lipsticks. I also love the slimline cases of these. The colors in the Miami Collection are limited, so the day will come when I regret the "loss" of Peach Sorbet and Orchid Pink, the shades I didn't buy.

I took a few swatch photos in full sun to show you how gloriously pretty Pink Seashell and Sunset Beach are. Pink Seashell is shown at the top of my arm, with Sunset Beach below. Pink Seashell is a warm pink - actually a peachy pink. It translates consistently from the tube to the lips, meaning what you see in the tube is what you get. Sunset Beach is even better on the lips than it looks in the tube. While appearing to be a golden brown, which it is, the full impact of the gorgeous shade didn't hit me until I applied it. That happened at home because I never apply testers to my lips (unless it can be demonstrated to my satisfaction that the tester is brand new, just pulled out of the drawer).

My photos were taken in front of a Kousa Dogwood that has just started to bloom. The white flowers are so pretty. I wish I had enough land to plant a grove of these dogwoods. They are showy spring and fall - a fitting backdrop for Bobbi's glorious new Miami  Collection. The collection was inspired by the beach. It’s about sun-kissed skin and beautiful coral and nectar colors infused with gold. They look just as good in a Virginia springtime garden.

Treatment Lip Shines are not long-lasting lipsticks, but I don't mind reapplying at all. They are so narrow, they fit in a pocket easily. As long as I can maintain these beautiful colors, I'm extremely happy.

You can find the Miami Collection at Bobbi Brown's Web site and all online sources for Bobbi Brown, including her Web site.

Photo at top courtesy of Bobbi Brown; other photos by Best Things in Beauty

9 comments:

Marley's Mom said...

Goodness, the brown one is calling my name.

Mamavalveeta03 said...

I bought "Peach Sorbet" and I LOVE it! There's something so soft and summery about it. Great collection, although the long-wear eye colors are a bit too shimmery for me (other than "Nude Beach", which I also bought).

yesplease1816 said...

Mamavalveeta-

I only have Peach Sorbet and Nude Beach, too--but I'm really happy with my purchases. I am still waiting to go back for Pink Seashell though. It's SO beautiful!

Charlestongirl said...

Hey MM,

I can see why! It called my name too. :)

Charlestongirl said...

MamaVal, thanks a bunch. I sooooo want Peach Sorbet. Now you have me second guessing again!

Charlestongirl said...

You too, Yesplease! You gals are going to cost me the price of another one this weekend. :)

Victoria said...

wow, those are all so pretty! I might have to stop by and see them in person.

Charlestongirl said...

It's definitely worth the stop, Victoria!

jen said...

I'm sitting here next to my little tube of Snow Orchid, a really pretty pink. Love the whole collection, including most of the eye colors. They've been a pleasure to use on-counter.