Friday, May 4, 2012

Sephora Collection Glossy Gloss in Peach Me!

Sephora's own Collection of high-shine lip glosses, Glossy Gloss, are pretty nice and an amazing value at $10.

Each of these glosses gives the lips a slick and shiny wet-look effect. The clear gloss creates a glass-like finish, while the pigmented glosses add a range of glistening color possibilities. For a more lustrous finish, look for shades with shimmery glitter effects. There are 33 shades!

These ultra-rich glosses include HydroGrape Complex and other ingredients that provide the lips with moisture and antioxidants. I was intrigued when Sephora featured Peach Me! (#07) at the same time the Sephora + PANTONE UNIVERSE Collection was introduced. I should have shown you this gloss earlier. Now, there's another new gloss at Sephora, Glossy Gloss Galore.

Here are two swatch photos of the sheer Peach Me! It looks sheer, ripe, and shiny. It's described as a pinky peach with iridescent glitter. It looks that way on the lips too. Unfortunately, my photos don't show the magnificent iridescence that I can see on my lips.

There is a fruity flavor, which doesn't bother me the way some flavors do. The gloss feels good on the lips - no sticky or heavy feel. I might be happier if it were a little more pigmented. When worn alone, with no lipstick underneath, it gives a pretty tangerine-pink glow to my lips, but not a lot of color.

All in all, for $10, Peach Me! is a steal. The tube holds enough to last a long time. It's a nice gloss to pop in my pocket and go. I'm tempted to try a second shade. Sephora's own makeup has come a long way.

You can find the Sephora Glossy Gloss Collection at Sephora stores and online. Check it out if you don't know it. I'd love to know what you think.

Photo at top courtesy of Sephora; other photos by Best Things in Beauty

2 comments:

grlnxdor said...

I'll have to check these out at Sephora. Glad you said they aren't sticky. I hate that! I'd prefer if they had more color though. I like to "swipe and go" if at all possible. Sephora brand seems to be moving in the right direction and you gotta love the prices!

Charlestongirl said...

Hi grlnxdor!

It's too bad they don't have a little more pigment. Places them firmly in the traditional gloss category. I love the new EL glosses I featured yesterday. With all that color, I don't worry about lipstick.