Wednesday, May 9, 2012

New: Chantecaille Poudre de Perle in Akoya Pearl for Summer 2012

Steady my heart, Chantecaille's Poudre de Perle in Akoya Pearl ($58) is even better than I expected - and I always have unparalleled expectations for Chantecaille. They set the bar high for their competitors.

Created exclusively for Christopher Kane's Spring/Summer 2012 runway models, Poudre de Perle in Akoya Pearl is a bright rose-pink color that creates a fresh, windswept flush on any complexion. The rosy pink shade looks cheerful.

Prior shades of Poudre de Perle have delivered an innovative all-over highlighting formula. Akoya Pearl is a blush - an exquisite brush. Like its sisters, it arrives with its own brush (unless you buy just the refill) and delivers the perfect amount of luminosity to all skin tones. The smart formula replaces traditional talc particles with weightless, silky, and translucent optics that ensure skin clarity and luminosity. Particles of zinc, iron, and mica provide mineral content to calm our sensitive skin and fortify it from environmental elements.

Now for the color! How many superlatives can I string together into one sentence? Just let me gush and get on with it. I'll admit that I had some worries that Akoya Pearl might be too bold a color for my skin when I first saw its photo. I should have known it would be perfect.

I took my photos in sunlight that could have been brighter. Basically, I took what I could get. With high clouds, it was bright outside between periods of rain, so I ran outside and started snapping. I applied Akoya Perle with its own brush - heavily so that you could see the color. Had I applied it the way I apply it on my cheeks, my photos wouldn't have worked well for a blog.

With this heavy application, you can see the gorgeous color on my arm. It's an uneven swatch (hey, I was racing clouds!), but now that I have the brush primed and ready to roll (not always easy at first), the blush will apply evenly.

The pink powder is "just on the cool side" of a warm pink. I suppose that makes it a neutral pink. That's why it will look great on nearly all complexions, but the term "neutral pink" sounds boring. Akoya Pearl is anything but boring. It adds radiant pink color to my cheeks and makes me look happy and perky. It doesn't get better than that.

Poudre de Perle in Akoya Pearl is available at Chantecaille's Web site, where I purchased mine. I looked for it on the new Summer 2012 display at Neiman Marcus, but the tester was missing. There was no one staffing the counter, so I don't know whether they have it yet. You have to try this one! If you delay too long, I'll bet it will sell out. That's excruciating for beauty lovers.

In the morning, I'll show you the equally exquisite new cream blushers from Chantecaille. Wow! I purchased all three.

Photo at top courtesy of Chantecaille; other photos by Best Things in Beauty

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

how does it compare to the armani summer powder? that's really pretty too!

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Anonymous!

No comparison in shade, in my opinion.

Anonymous said...

I'm having difficulty getting the powder to dispense on mine. How did you "prime" the brush? Love the color by the way!

Eileen said...

Oh how I wish this had worked out for me! I adore Biwa and love South Sea; so I had high hopes for Akoya. Unfortunately, when the SA brushed it on my cheeks, the pink made them look like they were on fire :-( Color problem aside, Akoya applies as beautifully and as luminously as it's predecessors. These pearl powders by Chantecaille are sheer (pun intended :-) ) genius. I love them and look forward to what Chantecaille comes up with this winter.

Charlestongirl said...

Eileen,

10:1 you'd be better at applying it than she was. Try it yourself!

Unknown said...

I can't wait to see the cream blushes. I've been very interested in them. I've yet to try any Chantecaille and they really caught my eye.

Elysse said...

You always find the prettiest blushes to show us and they tempt me so much, even though I am very cautious with blushers as I have quite pinkish cheeks.

Evelyn said...

Oh that is so lovely! I am sorely tempted and may give in...as a reward for something, I can come up with a good reason, really. :)

Eileen said...

Hi Charlestongirl,

That's a good thought. I usually apply things with a much lighter hand than most SA/MA's. I should bring the brush a normally use with my other two Poudre de Perles and see if that makes a difference how Akoya looks. The color is just so scrumptious. I'd hate to miss out on it.

sunnlitt said...

You must have the most beautiful cheeks in town!!

time4beauty said...

The blush looks so delicate!

Helz Nguyen said...

This one look so cute and Im not sure about the brush part tho. With my previous experience with a brush like that, they usually feel too harsh on the skin and they dont apply the powder evenly

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Sunnlitt!

I do! Wearing it today and admiring it in the mirror. :)

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Time4beauty!

The cool thing about this blush is that you can make it sheer and light or give it pop. It's all about controlling how much you dispense into the brush.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Helz,

This brush is so soft and nice. I think you'd like it. If you prefer your own brushes, though, you can buy the refill, save a few bucks, and do your own thing. :)

MoonRae said...

This color is beautiful!!thanks so much for sharing, I'm going to check it out right now from the link you gave us
~Sharon~
ps Thanks again for the perfume

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Sharon! Hope you enjoy it!

BooBooNinja said...

Thanks, Helz, for asking what I was wondering. Thanks, CG, for answering my unarticulated question.

I shy away from this type of applicator because the brushes are poorer quality, rougher, and irritate my sensitive skin. Good to know Chantecaille makes a superior product.