Thursday, May 10, 2012

New: Chantecaille Cheek Crème

Achieve a natural summer color with Chantecaille’s new, luxurious Cheek Crème ($34). Each of the three flattering shades (Shy, Demure, and Coy) contains unique "siliconic elasomers" in emollient oils with luminous results. The compact’s mirror guarantees effortless application on-the-go, making it this summer’s beach bag essential if you're headed out of town. For me, two of these shades will be parked firmly on my bathroom counter.

When I first saw the "portrait" of these beautiful cream blushes, I knew I needed the two pink shades. I wasn't sure about the warm, peachy shade, but my curiosity ruled. I ordered all three.

Here they are lined up at my house. As with Akoya Pearl, I was limited by a miffy sun. I did the best I could with photos. I placed the pretty little round compacts in the following order: Demure, Coy, and Shy are shown left to right directly above.

I swatched them extremely heavily using a sponge-tipped applicator - an application method one would never use "in real life." I wanted to show you the color differences and decided that was the best way to do it. All swatch photos show Demure at the top of my arm, Coy in the middle, and Shy at the bottom.

This first swatch photo, taken in front of a Satsuki azalea that has just started to show off its multicolored flowers, shows the colors well. Demure is for gals who need a warm tone and love peach. It's very pretty on the cheeks when applied with a foundation brush or even my fingertips. It warms my face and makes me look ready for a summer day.

Coy is rose, but I think it leans coral. Does that make sense? Let's call it a warm rose. Shy is the pink at the bottom of my arm. How good does it get? If I were going to choose a shade - only one - for my fair, cool-toned complexion, Shy would be the it shade. It's a gorgeous pink.

Poised in front of a miniature rose, the colors look the same. You'll note that they are not sparkly or shimmery. They provide a creamy gleam to my cheeks and look very natural. Chantecaille actually recommends that we apply them with our fingertips, dotting the color onto the cheeks and then blending lightly. That works nicely (the formula offers nice slip), but I like using my foundation brush better.

These velvety, soft, and easily blendable colors definitely melt into the skin for a pretty anytime glow - fresh and natural.  The white lily bulb and peach extracts in the formula will shield our delicate faces from free radicals. Chantecaille always puts beneficial ingredients into its color, offering "the whole package" with each luxurious new product.

I'll leave you with one more swatch photo before I run off to work. Remember, the shades were applied unrealistically heavily for these blushes. Still, there's a lot of color in each them. If you decide to use the fingertip dot-and-blend method of application, dot very lightly to ensure you get the right amount of color. It won't take much to make you look pretty.

The new Cheek Crèmes are available at Chantecaille's Web site, where I purchased mine. I saw all three shades on the Summer 2012 display at Neiman Marcus, so you ought to be able to find them at your favorite Chantecaille counter. The Summer 2012  Collection has arrived!

Photos at top and bottom courtesy of Chantecaille; other photos by Best Things in Beauty

20 comments:

Christina said...

I think they are so beautiful and I really love the two pink shades. The peach almost look too brown to me.

Charlestongirl said...

Christina,

It certainly does have a brown component in the hue, but it doesn't look brown on the skin. It's a very warm peach. Still, the pinks are my faves. :)

Dovey said...

Demure looks like the perfect shade to transition into warmer months--- it's not too fresh, and hinting at warmth! Olivia Chantecaille looks absolutely gorgeous in the lastpic (as usual)

Unknown said...

The texture looks lovely and I can just imagine the pretty sheen they give to the cheeks. Thank you very much for sharing.

Unknown said...

I meant to avoid looking on here today because of this. OOPS. GAH Now I need them all!

Michelle said...

Hi Charleston girl
Thanks so much for the review. I was wondering how the texture of these compares to other cream blushes, ie-bobbi brown pot rouge or LMDB creme fresh tints. Thanks so much!

Soni said...

Oh my! These really are pretty! I *need* coy in my life. Anyone know what color the model is wearing? So gorgeous!

Snjohnson10 said...

Gorgeous! But why didn't I wait for you before I placed an order?? I decided to order only one (along with other items of course :) ) to try the formula. I chose Demure for some reason and was not thrilled when it came. Had I seen your swatches I would have ordered only the other two. I will say though that on the cheeks Demure is very lovely and goes very nicely with two of their new glosses that I got. (Those glosses are amazing! Nothing too exciting to look at in the tube but they wear so wonderfully and the colors on are fabulous!) Guess I have to place another order.... :)

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Dovey!

Olivia probably looks that good when she gets out of bed in the morning. It's enviable. :)

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Modesty Brown!

These are very nice. Can you buy Chantecaille in England?

Charlestongirl said...

Hi PP, happy spending! :)

Charlestongirl said...

Michelle, they are closest to the LMdB creams, but have even more slip, I think.

Charlestongirl said...

I wish I knew, Sony! Olivia could be wearing Akoya Pearl for all I know!

Charlestongirl said...

Hey there, Snjohnson, the pink ones are definitely my faves!

yesplease1816 said...

ahh, another gorgeous cream blusher to swoon over! I really want to try this one, but I'm worried that it'll have too much slip to it and will slide right off my oily skin :/

sunnlitt said...

These are lovely!
I see these wonderful blushes and I just want the ALL!!
Have you tried them layered under the Akoya Pearl??
Thanks for the great pictures.

Aging Ophelia said...

Lovely softness of tone in these blushers.

Unknown said...

Hi CG! Yes, we have Chantecaille in SpaceNK over here and they have a couple of concessions in the bigger department stores. All at a safe distance from my grasping fingers!

Me said...

I love the look of Shy. I imagine this is what they replaced the former cream blush with ... I forget the name, as I never managed to get one before they were gone, Aquablush?

I'd be afraid I'd get these mixed up with my Chantecaille compact lip glosses.

I had not seen any promos for these so thanks for sharing. I think. :)

Anonymous said...

Hello, I loved your post! Chantecaille is such a wonderful brand.
Do yoy think that Shy is more a clear or more a muted pink? Thanh you!