Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Le Métier de Beauté Kaleidoscope Blush Kit for Spring 2012

I thought you might like to see the Le Métier de Beauté Kaleidoscope Blush Kit ($95) that has arrived for the season. So many women missed out on this Kaleidoscope when it was a counter exclusive at Troy, Michigan, Le Métier de Beauté has re-issued it, making it available to everyone.

For years, scientists have been perplexed by why our body responds by blushing when we have a crush or are suddenly the center of attention, and why the hues of blushing can be so varied. Even Charles Darwin struggled to explain blushing, describing it as “the most peculiar and the most human of expressions.”

It’s clear blushing is personal. Every woman’s flush is a unique shade all her own. With that in mind, Le Métier de Beauté created this Kaleidoscope Blush Kit. We’ve heard of a “lipstick wardrobe,” think of this as one for the cheeks. “When we blush, it’s not one shade; it’s a prismatic multitude of color. To express how you feel or the feeling you want to evoke, you need to layer color for that perfect flush,” says Le Métier de Beauté’s Director of Color Mikey Castillo.

“In order to create dimension, there must be at least two pigments that are contrasting in tone or texture. For instance, matte with sheen, satin with matte, pink with coral, or mauve with bronze. Layering multiple shades eliminates flatness while bring vitality to the skin. This is true of color whether it is on the eyes, lips, or cheeks.” The Blush Kaleidoscope contains a selection of these contrasting shades and textures, giving the wearer infinite possibilities.

“The whole delight of a blush collection is to enable a woman to create a multitude of looks by blending two or more of the multiple hues in the Blush Kaleidoscope,” says Mikey. The beautiful and balanced combination of the shades creates an effortless, feminine glow. Blend the matte shades for day and transition to evening with a sensuous, shimmery layer. The four-in-one stacked kit includes a satin peach, a matte rose pink, a shimmery highlighter, and a cool pink. Each shade is finely-milled for adjustable coverage, transparency, and intensity. The shine-absorbing, oil-free formula is safe for all skin types including sensitive skin.

I still have the swatch photos from the Blush Kaleidoscope that I bought from the counter in Troy. I swatched from top to bottom, and I took my photos in full sun. The shade at the top of the kit that looks peach in the pan is a warm peach. No one will apply it as a blush as heavily as I did for my swatch photos. After I wiped most of the horizontal swatch off my arm, I found the shade flattering - even for my cool-toned skin.

The second shade down is a peach-pink hybrid (or blend), and I think it's extremely wearable by all because it's neutral in tone. Both shades at the top appear to be matte to my eye - which makes them believable blushes. The third shade is an exquisite gold, perfect for highlighting or blending. It has a subtle shimmer, as does the pink in the bottom swing-out pan. The pink shade is stunning. I've worn mine down to a thin layer with a hold in the middle. I'd love to have another one!

The Kaleidoscope Blush Kit should be available at your favorite counter at one of these fine retailers: Neiman Marcus, Bergdorf Goodman, Nordstrom, Saks Fifth Avenue, and select boutiques.

Photo at top courtesy of Le Métier de Beauté; other photos by Best Things in Beauty

29 comments:

Buggsiebee said...

I have been stalking NM since you alerted us that the Blush Kaleidoscope would be making a return. Although Nieman Marcus DO ship internationally SADLY this Kaleidoscope is not available for foreign orders. It's so incredibly frustrating!! Your info that it will also be available at Nordstrom/ Saks relieves me no end as I am no longer prepared to pay certain Ebay scalpers to get hold of items which I would be perfectly willing to pay the regular price for.

Jo said...

Very pretty CG. When you wear these do you layer them or do you use them individually? Thanks

kellinicole86 said...

ooo I wanted this so much the first time around, but I'm on a makeup no-buy at the moment so I shouldn't... but I did just land a summer internship so maybe this can be a treat to myself : )

nikki said...

I heard that this one was different than the Troy one? I asked one of my SA's that had it, and she said she has a different one. Now I am confused!

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Buggsiebee!

You should be able to get it from anyone who ships internationally. Does Nordies?

Charlestongirl said...

Honestly, Jo, I don't usually layer them. However, the gold is pretty layered over one of the other shades. So when I'm in the mood...

Charlestongirl said...

You are in luck, kellinicole86! This is NOT a limited edition, so when you are ready to buy, it should be available to you. I hope those aren't my "famous last words."

Charlestongirl said...

Well, Nikki, LMdB told me it's the exact same.

nikki said...

weird! I got some pics too, and it looks different. I hope it is. Otherwise I will have 2 :(

lovethescents said...

HOw positively gorgeous. I can see these on cheeks, eyes, lips with the Magic Lustre Cream stuff. Enjoy and wear it in good health!

Charisse said...

I thought it was limited edition, so I panicked and bought one this morning! I can't hope to keep up with all of LMDB's releases but this one I had to have.

Thank you for the pics CG :)

Victoria said...

Please do tell, what is the Magic Lustre Cream Stuff? What does it do & here can I get some??? Thanx^^

Carrie Meredith said...

I've pretty much eliminated powder blushes from my makeup kit because I've found so many cremes that are very flattering on me. But, this collection is so beautiful and spot-on, I think I need to make an exception! I think I'm in love.

Winnie said...

Thank you so much for sharing the swatch photo! I was doubtful about the warm colors on this blush kit when I first saw it at NM website. You have assured me that it's very wearable on fair skin so I guess I am ready to check out my shopping cart at NM. Ha!

blacknarcis said...

I was wondering if the blushes in this kaleidoscope are the same blushes available in the Le Métier de Beauté Radiance Powder Rouge single range? Or are these new shades?

Thank you

Charlestongirl said...

Hey Black Narcis,

They are definitely new and not the same as the singles.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Winnie,

If I, ultimate pale one, can wear it, you can too. :)

Charlestongirl said...

Carrie,

You won't be sorry, my friend. It's stunning.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Victoria,

It's a cream that turns any powder into a cream. I featured it a long time ago. They call it a MUA product, but that should include all of us enthusiasts. I LOVE it. I'm on my second pot.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Charisse,

That's a hoot. You can always use it. :)

Charlestongirl said...

You need this, Lovethescents!

Nemo said...

Mine just arrived, and my husband actually knew about it.

Dovey said...

Hi Charlestongirl, this is such a delightful blush kit; I can just imagine the possibilities that would arise from these four different colors! Gorgeous :)

Cindy's Societal said...

WOW! These blushes look amazing on your skin, looks like it belongs there and so natural looking :)

yesplease1816 said...

I'm thinking that I really, really need this. After all, I have yet to own any of the LMdB Kaleidoscopes yet--and every girl should have at least one, right?? :D The top shade is looking a little scary to me, but I'll take your word for it and just go ahead and purchase!

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Dovey!

Did you get one from Troy? If not, you need this!

Charlestongirl said...

They will look just as lovely on you, Cindy!

Charlestongirl said...

Yesplease, I painted it on extremely heavily for the photo. I'll bet you like it in person.

Anonymous said...

I don't need this, but I sure want it. Blush is one of the items that I can't enough of:)