Sunday, May 13, 2012

The New Black - Innovations in Nail Color and the Successor to Ultraflesh

I know some of you have been wondering what happened to Ultraflesh, a hot new brand exclusive to Sephora that left us all begging for more! Actually, we were waiting for a promised collection. Some of us were checking almost every day waiting for Sephora to post it.

The sad fact is that the founders of Ultraflesh, Nicole Ostoya and Robin Coe-Hutshing, found themselves in a position of selling their company. They told me that the company that bought Ultraflesh had decided to do other things with it. Oddly, that appears to be nothing, since the items have been selling down and disappearing at Sephora. Only two remain. I'm still mourning the loss of Ultraflesh. Nicole and Robin created innovative products that I adored, and I'm sad I didn't stock up. I even gave one away as a giveaway, not realizing it was irreplaceable.

You may be happy to know that Nicole and Robin haven't left the beauty business, although they have gone in a different direction. The two have founded The New Black, affordable, high-quality color stories for customers to jump on the latest trends in the nail category - without having to invest in multiple full-size bottles. The result? Lustrous, fashion-forward nail colors at wallet-conscious prices. Plus, their formulas are vegan-friendly and environmentally friendly too, free of toluene, formaldehyde, camphor, and DBP.

The New Black always stays ahead of trends, as they constantly monitor the pulse of design. Their color offerings are continually updated and hot-off-the-runway, with limited editions released on an as-needed "fashion emergency" basis.

Check out The New Black at Beauty.com, the only source I know. Two-, three-, and five-piece sets are available for extremely reasonable prices. I've got my eyes on a five-piece set called Rover. It's only $22.

I wish them all the success in the world and hope that some day they will find a way to recreate Ultraflesh in a way that doesn't violate any agreements they made when they sold it.

Update: Laci just told us we can find The New Black at Sephora too. She's right, of course! Check this link. Now I want Wave too. The gals must have arranged for the Sephora connection after we last communicated. Good for them! Now, Evelyn has pointed us toward Nordies. You gals are serious beauty lovers! Definitely read the comments.

Photo courtesy of Beauty.com

4 comments:

Laci said...

Sephora has some of The New Black stuff online too. :D

Charlestongirl said...

Thanks, Laci! I updated the feature. Glad to see that. When Nicole last wrote me, I guess the Sephora connection wasn't a done deal.

Evelyn said...

I think Nordstrom carries some things online too, if I'm not confusing The New Black with another company.

TheDiversePhD said...

I have my eye on a couple of these sets at Sephora. They look very small about the same size as the Urban Decay polishes but pretty none the less :)