Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Dior Addict Ultra-Gloss - Croisette Collection for Summer 2012

Will the real Dior Addict Ultra-Glosses from the Croisette Collection for Summer 2012 please stand?  Brown Panama (#432), Orange Pareo (#542), and Pink Croisette (#464) looked lovely in the promotional photos. You read my saga of these limited-edition, sold-out glosses at Saks. After that, I started looking at every store in our area, and at each I was told the same thing. They had sold out the day they arrived.

Finally, I got smart and looked at Dior's own Web site (duh), where all three were available. I purchased Brown Panama and Pink Croisette.  Finally, I can show them to you.

Straight from the runway, new Dior Addict Ultra-Gloss features a featherweight formula with a flash-plumping, “spotlight shine” effect.  Hyaluronic spheres keep lips smooth and moisturized, while mirror-like micropearls reflect light in all directions for a dazzling finish! These glosses are among my favorites.

I was able to grab a few swatch photos this morning when the sun made an appearance. Pink Croisette is shown at the top of my arm, with Brown Panama below. you can see the beautiful sparkling spheres in these swatches. You can't feel them on your lips, but they give the glosses a brilliant appearance.

Pink Croisette was definitely worth the wait. It's a warm pink, perfect for the upcoming season. Brown Panama is more gold than brown, making it ever more attractive to me than I had anticipated. I love brown, but I adore golden brown.

Both are pastel. They won't provide a lot of color - just gorgeous tinted shine to give any lipstick you wear a killer look.

Right now, your own Dior counter may be sold out of these Dior Addict Ultra-Gloss shades. Reports vary across the country. They are still available at Dior.

Photo at top courtesy of Dior; other photos by Best Things in Beauty

7 comments:

meredith said...

I actually passed on these glosses and went for the lipstick instead (well in jet set anyway). I have several that are similar and while I absolutely adore Dior gloss, it wasn't a "must have" for me. Now Chanel on the other hand.....

The Dior summer collection is pretty great in my opinion. I got the Aurora eyeshadow palette and may go back for the bronzer ( I didn't like the swimming pool palette after trying it at the counter).

Great review of the glosses-and I must say if you do not own a Dior gloss, you SHOULD!

lovethescents said...

I love Dior lipsticks and glosses. These colours are very pretty!

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Meredith!

You like the new Chanel glosses? They ARE pretty, but I passed on them.

Don't you think this is Dior's best collection in many seasons?

Charlestongirl said...

Me too, Lovethescents,

I've been a Dior gloss addict for more years than I can count. They "suit me."

meredith said...

yes I DO think this is Dior's best yet. I have only been recently interested in Dior. I actually went and picked up 576 Rose Sari Ultra Gloss, as we dont' have the pink croisette yet in Canada. Bummer. I can't even swatch it.

Yes I do like the Chanel summer glosses. However, I am iffy on the new Perfection Lumiere foundation but I think that's "finish-related" personal preference (it's my first longwear). If you have any suggestions on how to love it, I am open to hearing them.

Thanks for responding to my comment. I absolutely love your posts and insight into different products.

Charlestongirl said...

I don't really like Perfection Lumiere either, so I'm the wrong one to ask. Lately, I've been in a Rouge Bunny Rouge foundation kick. Love it!

I hope Dior can keep up the momentum. Their spring collection didn't appeal to me, but this summer one is fab!

Nawi said...

Wow you were able to get them after all how nice. I have the rose croisette and the orange pareo love them both normally cannot do orange but this one I could. Love the dior ultra glosses!