Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Chanel Inimitable Waterproof Multidimensionnel Mascara from the Été Papillon de Chanel Collection for Summer 2013

Chanel is introducing some wowza mascaras with its Été Papillon de Chanel Collection for Summer 2013. Inimitable Multidimensionnel Mascara ($30) was inspired by butterflies to make your lashes flutter and flirt in five captivating shades: blue green, lime green, bright yellow, electric blue, and white.

In a single stroke, Inimitable Mascara delivers it all: volume, length, curl, and precise separation. A sophisticated formula and unique brush design combine to deliver lush, long-wearing color so precisely that each lash, even the finest, is perfectly defined and separated. Pro-Vitamin B5 hydrates and conditions lashes to keep them supple and healthy looking. 

Saks at Chevy Chase had received lab (pre-production) samples of the mascaras, and they made them available to me for photos. As you know, I had to take my photos indoors with poor lighting. Nonetheless, you can see the colors above as well as I saw them in the store.

My photo shows, from left to right, Aqua Blue, Blue Note, Zest, and Lime Light. The latter isn't really lime green. It's more like a soft green with a hint of blue in it. With the exception of black, these are all limited-edition shades.

My friends at Chanel and I talked about how to wear these zany colors. They said that they are intended for the tips of your eyelashes. Only the most adventurous are likely to wear them on their own.

As I mentioned this morning, the dazzling colors of butterfly wings inspired a joyful look for summer with the enchanting Été Papillon de Chanel Collection. Peter Philips envisioned electric shades of blue, pink, and platinum to make the lashes, eyelids, and fingertips glow.

Will you be a free spirit and buy one? My favorite is Aqua Blue. I swatched it on my arm, but the sample was drying out, so my photo is unusable. Aqua Blue is a novelty, but I think it might be pretty with my eyes.

The Été Papillon de Chanel Collection for Summer 2013 should be available at your favorite Chanel counter in late April or early May.

Photo by Best Things in Beauty

19 comments:

lovethescents said...

VERY interesting and thank you for explaining how they might be worn. I'm intrigued. I look forward to seeing promo photos!

Eileen said...

LOL! When I first saw the promo awhile back (pink lashes), I immediately thought of Effie Trinket from the Hunger Games :-) The brights will be a lot of fun for the young gals but are decidedly de trop for a woman my age. Far from elegant, they seem more like something Illamasqua or MAC would release. Personally, I love the look of long, dark lashes so I don't think I'll be giving these a whirl any time soon. Oh, Chanel! What were you thinking? LOL

Melanie said...

I am dying for Blue Note.

My Autistic Adventure said...

oh the blue green is amazing! Wow!

Anonymous said...

I think wearing them on the tips will be perfectly beautiful! I am shocked it was Chanel who came out with this. The blue green will be my choice!

Sara_BeauTime said...

I want the turquoise one, I want to use it on the lower lashes :-)

Virginie said...

I would totally wear them on their own!!! I always wore royal Blue mascara, besides black and brown, so yeah, I would!!!! CAn't wait...

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Lovethescents,

If you like color, they will be right up your alley. :)

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Eileen,

I would have said the same thing - until I tried Aqua Blue. I may need it to play.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Melanie and Charlie,

Both are very pretty.

Charlestongirl said...

I know, Renee. Amazing, huh?

Charlestongirl said...

That's a cool idea, Sara.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Virginie,

Then you need all four colors. :)

Anonymous said...

This is such an unexpected offering from Chanel and so I embrace it. I've worn coloured mascara in the past--a pucci type blue by YSL comes to mind--and so I'm intrigued by the offering. I would typically wear the coloured mascara only on my lower lashes, but I quite like the idea of adding just to the top tips. I'm not as adventurous as many of these shades, but will certainly contemplate the blue green. Great post!

Lulle said...

I love to be surprised, and these new mascara shades are definitely... unexpected!
I'm not sure, however, if I'm ready for a bright orange mascara. I have green eyes, so it would certainly make their color pop, but I just can't imagine how I would look with orange lash tips. I should try I guess!

Evelyn said...

I'm not that free spirited. lol I've tried colored mascaras and I always feel that I look like I have some exotic eye condition!

Gauri said...

One of my favorite brands. Looking forward to their launch :)

bisbee said...

I think I'll pass.

Actually, I haven't worn mascara for the past few weeks. I read something about mascara being left off the models in a lot of the shows for next Fall, so I decided to try it. My lashes are naturally dark, so I'm just curling them.

I tightline on the upper lid and lower, so that helps to darken as well. Then, just a bit of either gray or green liner on the bottom and a bit on the top, and I've got more than enough on my eyes!

Emeral Beautylife said...

will be perfectly beautiful!