Tuesday, March 26, 2013

IT Cosmetics Airbrush Blush Stain Trio

I guess we'll make it an IT day! Over the holidays, IT Cosmetics sent me a beautiful silver box with three Airbrush Blush Stains ($39.50). I've been enjoying them since.

This set of three gorgeous loose powder blushes is housed in a beautiful gift box, complete with ribbon, bow, and a gift tag that reads, "Because of You...The World Is More Beautiful!” How can you beat that compliment?

Anti-aging Airbrush Blush Stain is an airbrush silk cheek stain that's infused into a powder. The set includes these three shades. I photographed them in the following order, left to right.
  • Rose Glow, a universal rose satin shade
  • Love Story, a peachy-pink satin shade
  • Sweet Cheeks, a universal matte pinky-peach shade
I took swatch photos in full sun. For the life of me, I can't remember how I applied them for the photos. I probably used a sponge-tipped applicator.

Love Story is shown at the top of my arm. It's my favorite of the shades. While The sun added extra shine to my arm, the shade has its own vitality. I think Love Story is worth the entire price of the set.

Rose Glow is a beautiful, natural rose that leans cool on my skin - another beautiful shade. Sweet Cheeks will be perfect for someone with warmer skin than mine or a tan. It's matte, which isn't my favorite finish, so I mix it with one of the other shades and bingo! It works beautifully. That's the beauty of loose powders. Just shake a little bit onto a mirror or other flat surface and pick up the pigment with a good brush. IT's brushes are fabulous. They suggest you use the Luxe French Boutique Blush Brush, which is sold separately).

Their tips for application? Lightly dust blush over the apples of your cheeks using light, upward sweeping motions. Just the lightest touch of this blush provides a gorgeous flush of color! For more intense color, apply a second dusting of blush. This blush can be used on bare skin or over foundation.

I've enjoyed everything IT Cosmetics has sent me. I have more to show you - if the sun will ever shine for an entire day.  You can find IT at QVC (where I don't hang out often), Henri Bendel, and Beauty.com, and the company's Web site. In Canada, you can order from The Shopping Chanel, and in Australia, you can order from PM Studio. Look around online and let us know what grabs your attention.

Photo at top courtesy of IT Cosmetics; other photos by Best Things in Beauty

6 comments:

Mamavalveeta03 said...

Those are very pretty! I have a couple of things from IT cosmetics and I've been pretty pleased. I am not entirely crazy about their packaging. I wish it looked "richer," if you know what I mean.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi MamaVal,

I know what you mean, but I've become less impressed over time with packaging. Why? Because I know what I'm paying for it. :)

Anonymous said...

That first photo made me gasp out loud. So, so pretty!

Charlestongirl said...

Hi marblesongrains,

That's what it looks like when it arrives. Pretty nice, huh?

Anonymous said...

OMGosh.. I love these too! What a perfect way to create your own custom colours! The mad scientist in me nods her head in complete approval.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi wwendalynne,

Just think of all the colors you can create with the three pots that come in the set!