Friday, March 22, 2013

Rouge Bunny Rouge Megaplumes Dramatic Lash Mascara from the Spring Look Set for 2013

Influenced by the magnificent megaplumes [amazing undersea eruptions], Megaplumes Dramatic Lash Mascara (29 euros at Rouge Bunny Rouge, $30.34 at Zuneta) achieves the same impressive effect as false lash extensions, delivering full, thick, long, and perfectly curled lashes to all who covet a mesmerizing gaze. Graduating curves of strong, hollow fibers spiraling around the classic maxi-brush gently and evenly sweep color over every single lash without clumping. Even more difficult to reach, short lashes can be given perfect volume and curl. With colors borrowed from a submerged cosmos, you can adorn your lashes with the abyssal hues of oxblood or carbon black.

Megaplumes Dramatic Lash Mascara - graciously sent to me gratis by Rouge Bunny Rouge - offers effortless glamour, coating the lashes with a film that’s strong yet supple. The addition of a natural jellifying system gives superior flexibility, and the brilliant filmogen complex brings a lasting shine. Panthenol strengthens and restructures, while its non-stop moisturizing action nourishes and prevents breakage. Megaplumes will produce fabulous lashes that are water-resistant, smudge-proof, fade-proof, and transfer-proof - lasting throughout a long day. Wear Megaplumes for or a stunning, impeccable, and sophisticated look, or wear it every day for lashes that won't escape notice. Megaplumes mascara will ensure you "assert a darkly beautiful persuasion."

Here is my new Megaplumes Dramatic Lash mascara in Oxblood Panache - a perfect description for the deep red, jewel-toned shade. It is also available in Tenebrous Boa, a deep charcoal black. When I first saw the shade, I feared that it might make my eyes look red, but, surprisingly, it doesn't. It's extremely flattering, particularly with all my taupe eye shadows.

Here is a shot of the color on my skin. It looks much lighter on skin than it does on my eyelashes. It provides a similar effect to wearing a brown mascara; it provides color and definition, but isn't stark. Believe it or not, it doesn't look artsy-weird either. Once applied, it has only a hint of tint. It looks natural on me. It reminds me a little bit of Le Métier de Beauté's Aubergine Anamorphic Lash Mascara (check out my faux eyelash swatches of Aubergine, and you'll see what I mean).

I have worn it alone and also used it as an overlay on black mascara. It looks great both ways. I can bring out the color by wearing certain shades on my eyes - like pink - but I've examined it in many exposures (indoors, various types of light, outdoors), and I don't think I look like I'm wearing red mascara. It's miraculous.

Let's focus on the formula for a minute. It's divine. This mascara lengthens and separates as well as my everyday favorite, which I have worn for years. I'm extremely clump-phobic and will not wear mascaras that force me to clean up with a comb or brush. I want my application to be fast, easy, and bother-free. Another nice thing? Although it's long-wearing, it isn't hard for me to remove. I dislike mascaras that resist removal.

Megaplumes Dramatic Lash Mascara makes my lashes look long and lush. It builds well too. As an experiment, I applied it to my satisfaction, waited 10 minutes, and then applied a second coat for a little more oomph (something I never do - waiting that long can be disastrous with mascara). It looked great!  That was impressive. After I did my test, I read Rouge Bunny Rouge's directions/tips and found that they recommend waiting until the first coat dries before applying a second. I felt silly, but who reads directions?

As Rouge Bunny Rouge advertises, the brush design allows you to get to the little corner lashes with ease, while coating your long center lashes. I can't tell you about curling since my lashes curl naturally.

This mascara is favorite-worthy. Need more information? Here are Rouge Bunny Rouge's tips for application, with a few observations from me.
  • The more you apply, the more dramatic the effect will become, but make sure to let the mascara dry completely after each layer.
  • For best and intensive results with the first sweep, start the application at the roots of your eyelashes. Place the mascara brush at the bottom of your lashes and gently stroke forward. Wiggle a bit and completely stroke along the top of the lashes to make sure you coat each lash with mascara.
  • If you want to apply mascara onto your lower lash line [I do], do so before you stroke over your upper lash line to prevent messy application [didn't matter - I'm good at it].
  • Wipe off excess mascara from the brush before application to avoid clumping [never had to do that].
  • If you have any mishaps, use a cotton swab dipped into makeup remover. like RBR's Gentle Cleansing Water, and sweep it over to remove the color.
  • Avoid pumping the brush in the tube to prevent the texture drying
All in all? Rouge Bunny Rouge's Megaplumes Dramatic Lash Mascara won my heart. They reference it as a novelty. I've given it a special place in my bathroom, where I don't store and use novelties. Now I want to purchase a black one.

Photo at top courtesy of Rouge Bunny Rouge; other photos by Best Things in Beauty

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This mascara looks fantastic~ I'm really excited about it as I have a lot of green in my eyes and reds--although I too have to be careful with shade selection--are amazing for bringing out the colour.

RBR is a line I always seem to be 'meaning to try' but never getting around to it. Guaranteed this item will be my first. Thanks for a great and tip filled review CG!!

solanace said...

Hi CG,

Was just reading your Le Métier de Beauté review, and now I got curious: mercury in the mascaras? How awful! Does my Diorshow Iconic contain it? And which one is your holy grail, I kind of remember it being a Maybeline, but I might have dreamed.

Must try Rouge Bunny Rouge stuff.

Charlestongirl said...

HI Wwendalynne,

RBR is a great line. Now, you can find it at RBR's Web site, Zuneta, and Beautyhabit.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Solance,

Most of the brands have now taken mercury out of their mascaras. Make sure to read ingredients, though, before you buy.

I don't have Diorshow Iconic here to check for you. Maybe someone else has a box.

My HG has been Maybelline DEFINE-A-LASH lengthening/non-waterproof formula - for years.