Thursday, March 21, 2013

Dior Addict Gloss - The Darker Shades

The newest Dior Addict Gloss ($29.50) "offers a magical touch of fashion and shine that brightens the face." I showed you my first purchases on Monday. After that, I was back at the counter at Saks Chevy Chase!

The new Dior Addict Gloss is a declaration of love for fashion - an electrifying whirlwind of glossy colors. Its magical formula gives lips unprecedented mirror shine and comfort. Its secret: the Mirror Shine Complex with polarized crystalline micro-spheres that adjust the reflection of light to create the magic of a perfect mirror.  The gel lipcare formula, enriched with hyaluronic acid spheres, plumps and the magical touch of fashion and shine brightens the face.

Dior Addict Gloss now comes in a carrousel of 24 new, bright, and trendy colors in three new, easy-wearing fashion effects to play with styles: Shimmering, Pearly, and Pure.While I was at Saks this week, I decided to swatch some of the darker shades. As with the Armani Fluid Sheers, I swatched in the store, hobbled outside, plopped myself down on a sunny patch of nice green grass, and took photos.

This is my swatch order, from the top of my arm to the bottom.
  • #613 Cygne Noir
  • #783 Atout Coeur
  • #853 Rouge Défnedu
  • #973 Night Fantasy
By the time I left the store, I owned two of them: Cygne Noir and Night Fantasy. These glosses are seriously irresistible.

Cygne Noir is not as dark at it looks in the tube. It's shown directly below. It's a beautiful sparkling mauve that won my heart.

So did Atout Coeur, a gorgeous warm rose (second down). I found this photo of Dior's 1955 Atout Coeur dress that had been pinned by Divahound. The Addict Gloss is much less red - more of a stunning dark rose.



The third shade down is Rouge Défnedu, called by Dior a bright cherry red. It's vivid and sophisticated. If I had to choose between Rouge Défnedu and Atout Coeur, and I may have to choose soon, I think Atout Coeur is more "me."

Night Fantasy, the shade at the bottom on my arm and at the top of this feature, jumped right into my arms. Called a sparking deep berry by Dior, it's scrumptious: my kind of rosy brown-mauve shade.

I'm having so much fun with the new Dior Addict Glosses. If you want to scout the shades, you can find them at Dior counters, Dior's Web site (I finally cracked the code), and Sephora.

Photos courtesy of Dior, Sephora, and Divahound; swatch photos by Best Things in Beauty

13 comments:

Veronica said...

Gorgeous swatches!! The Night Fantasy is calling my name!! Thank you as always for your great posts!!

AfricanOrchid said...

Oh boy. My wallet just started groaning because it knows i will be getting some of these really soon. Ha!. These are gorgeous glosses. Thanks for the pics. :-)

Annick said...

These are so beautiful! I know I'll cave eventually and hoping that Diablotine is available at my local Sephora!

Eileen said...

Dior Addict Gloss--a perfect name because these glosses are addictive in the extreme! On my first foray, I only picked up two shades because I wanted to see how the formula had changed and how my dry lips would respond to it. I bought #553 Princess (light sparkling pink) and #343 Spring Bal (light sparkling peach). Both are lovely and light, safe colors. A couple days later, I was back and purchased #353 No Angel (shimmery peachy pink), #576 Bed of Roses (classic shimmery warm rose), #686 Fancy Purple (shimmery purple pink), and the beautiful #973 Night Fantasy that you swatched. Addictive, indeed!

I find that these don't wear any longer than my other go to glosses like Guerlain Kiss Kiss, but they are very hydrating and left my lips looking and feeling smooth and comfortable. I also like the glossy, multi-dimensional appearance that doesn't look heavy or greasy. A bonus for those of you who are sensitive to scent and taste in lip products---there is none! I think Dior did a really great job with this release. Lucky for me, I never keep a gloss more than a year after opening it so I always have room for new beauties such as these. Out with the old; in with the new :-)

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Veronica,

You will love Night Fantasy. Super-gorgeous.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi AfricanOrchid!

At least they aren't $50 each. :)

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Annick,

Diablotine is glorious!

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Eileen,

I must try Fancy Purple. I agree: they don't last any longer than my other favorite glosses, but that's OK with me. :)

Elizabeth Grace said...

Wow, these are beautiful! I love the swatches especially Rouge Défnedu!

Mamavalveeta03 said...

Pigment! Yay!!! I love these. Thanks for taking the time to "hobble out" and take pictures for us!! ;-)

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Elizabeth,

The nicest thing about this collection is that there's at least one for everyone.

Charlestongirl said...

Thanks, MamaVal! There was one woman sitting outside talking on her phone. She got a laugh out of me.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the photos as usual :) Beautiful lip glosses! How does the formula feel on your lips? Compare to LMdB's lip cremes?
~ALH