Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Estée Lauder Pure Color Sheer RollerGloss from the Bronze Goddess Collection for Summer 2013

Estée Lauder has introduced "impossible-to-resist lips that shine in sheer fuschia and citrus shades" with the Bronze Goddess Collection for 2013. New, limited-edition Pure Color Sheer RollerGloss ($18.50) in Succulent and Squeeze feature a metal rollerball applicator and contain a formula of fruit extracts that will make your lips feel hydrated and supple. Lightly flavored with a hint of either passion fruit or guava lychee, these luscious glosses evoke the fresh, tropical scents of summer. They are called a heat wave of color.

I purchased the Pure Color Sheer RollerGloss in Squeeze, the bright pink shade - I thought. I bought it in person at Neiman Marcus, but I did so without trying it. When I found out they had received the collection, I dashed over and out quickly, trying to get ahead of the evening rush hour. I didn't even consider the Succulent orange shade, believing it would be too orange, too bright.

I really expected color from the RollerGloss. Now that I've used it, it reminds me of many of the other luxury lip glosses I've purchased because they look vibrant in the tube, but almost clear on my lips.

This is Squeeze. My photo was taken in full sun. I applied the rollerball directly to my arm. I kept going over the swatch, figuring at some point I'd see some clear pink, but this is as dark as it was going to get.

It's nice. The scent is very mild. It feels good; it's not sticky at all. There's nothing wrong with it. I'm just not excited by it. I was hoping for a little more goddess from it.

The new Bronze Goddess Collection for Summer 2013 is available at Estée Lauder counters and at the Web site now.

Photo at top courtesy of Estée Lauderl other photos by Best Things in Beauty

11 comments:

Dawn C73 said...

You might as well have purchased a jar of Vaseline or Aquaphor. I can't believe they're charging almost $20 for these things.

Charlestongirl said...

Dawn, it has some color. My Vaseline and Aquaphor feel great, but they are for at-home use. I could put this little number in my handbag. It reminds me of Rosebud Salve.

Tammie said...

So cute, so sad it's not worth buying :/.

I like how they have it as part of the Pure Color line lol...also it sucks that the promo image makes it look so opaque :(

lovethescents said...

Thank goodness for this review. I loved the look of it BEFORE reading your review. This is a major miss for me.

Thanks, Charlestongirl!

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Tammie,

Totally cute! I just don't get it.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Lovethescents,

Major miss for me too. I'll use it for something. What or when I'm not sure.

Northerngirl said...

I'm so grateful for your reviews everyday. It prevents me from wasting money on overpriced products such as this gloss.
I personally don't like floral scented glosses/lipstick and I'm glad when you tell us if lip product has a scent to it.

On a side note...my wonderful Chanel SA called me today, and after a month she was able to find me from Chanel's spring 2013 collection eyeliner in Beryl and Illuminating powder - woohoo!!

Anonymous said...

That is sheer! From the colourful packaging I expected a punch of colour. Thank you for featuring this item. It's off my buy list.

Anonymous said...

Wait! Before writing this sweet little number off entirely - know that anyone who loved Maybelline Kissing Potions in the 70s may have a déjà vu moment when applying these.....I really believe the taste is the same. I had the urge to grab a land line phone and have a long chat with my 7th grade best friend.....popcorn blouses and hip huggers can't be far behind. Color- wise, CG has spoken. These are super sheer. Enjoy!

Gauri said...

Horrible color!!

Ginny said...

What happened to what you see if what you get??? I really had high hope on the new roller gloss but thank goodness for your review! It'll go back to the store for sure...