Friday, March 29, 2013

Tarte Aqualillies Collection Glamazon Pure Performance 12-hour Lipstick for Summer 2013

This summer, make a splash with Tarte’s limited-edition shade of Glamazon Pure Performance 12-hour Lipstick in Timeless ($26), inspired by America’s most glamorous water ballet group, the Aqualillies. This long-wearing Amazonian clay infused lipstick nourishes and balances lip moisture as it delivers a pure splash of color in the Aqualillies' signature lip shade: vibrant coral. Mine was sent to me gratis by Tarte. Now I need to plan a trip to the beach.

A unique blend of emollient-rich butters (mango, avocado, and shea) is encapsulated in this proprietary natural formula to achieve a rich, bold statement lip that lasts for 12 hours, applies smoothly, and won’t fade away. Always hydrating and never drying, this high-cushion lipstick keeps lips moisturized all day long, minimizes the appearance of fine lines, and stops feathering in its tracks to give lips a perfect, plumped-up appearance. The long-wear Glamazon Pure Performance 12-hour Lipsticks are stylishly and consciously enclosed in a sustainably harvested bamboo bullet case to keep moisturizing properties on lock-down.

Thanks to the natural power of Amazonian clay, this fade-free color stays in place all day so there’s no need to continuously reapply or worry about smudging and budging. Amazonian clay also restores the lips’ natural moisture content with nourishing and hydrating properties to not only adorn lips but to treat them to skin wellness.

All of the Aqualillies Collection items come in the themed packaging, characterized by coral and turquoise. I love the look!

The same design - evocative of bodies in harmonized motion - is carried into the wooden cap of the lipstick tube for a beautiful presentation. The base of Timeless reminds you that its your Aqualillies Collection lipstick.

Now look at the glorious color. I took my swatch photos in full, afternoon sun. Timeless is bright, opaque coral. It's an impressive color. It also has amazing lasting power.

If you want a lipstick that will look sunny and take you to a day at the pool or the beach, Tarte's Timeless fills the bill. It's a perfect shade for a team that performs in the water. I took many swatch photos, and it was easy to select two. There wasn't a bad shot of Timeless.

You can find this fabulous collection (make sure to look at the eye and cheek palette) at Tarte's Web site, where shipping is free with a $40 purchase. The collection will be available at all of Tarte's retailers in April.

Photos at top courtesy of Tarte; other photos by Best Things in Beauty

13 comments:

Dovey said...

Hi Charlestongirl,

What a great bright coral! I love the Aqualilies packaging --- it looks something like a hybrid between petals and scales :)

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Dovey,

What a perfect explanation! I struggled with what I thought it represents. Decided it was synchronized bodies in motion. :)

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous! It puts me in mind of Tom Ford True Coral.

Anonymous said...

I have been following your posts for a while but this is my first time commenting, I love the look of these products especially the fact that they last all day and won't dry your lips out which is usual in a long lasting lipstick and the colour is stunning.

My only problem is finding one in the UK as I have checked tarte out already and found that they won't ship to me. I guess I will be scouring ebay for one of these.

bedazzled64 said...

I picked this up along with the eyeliner and the palette. This lipstick is absolutely gorgeous but I think there's something wrong with my tube. I have to really struggle to get it to come up. I'm hoping that I can have it replaced. It's such a pretty color!

Mamavalveeta03 said...

How pretty! I can see this color becoming my "go to" for a bright Spring/Summer lip color. Thx for the swatches (that makes it SO much easier to decide!)

Charlestongirl said...

Hi wwendalynne,

I don't think the color is unique, but it sure is pretty with the rest of the collection!

Charlestongirl said...

Hi U.K. Anonymous,

I am seriously considering setting up a personal shopping service. Shop and ship. What do you think would be a reasonable minimum order and service charge? This is a serious question! :)

Thanks for commenting! Glad you did.

Charlestongirl said...

Lisa, I am sure Tarte will replace it. Just don't delay in calling them.

Charlestongirl said...

MamaVal,

If you can wear this coral, you are a lucky lady! I love it on others, but I'm too shy to wear such a bold shade.

Andrea said...

I would seriously buy from you if you ever did start this service especially the tarte collections.

angusmum1 said...

I purchased a lipstick today at the drugstore from the Kate Moss collection from Rimmell that looks almost exactly the same as this colour. Canadian Beauty Blog had recommended the line a few weeks ago and for $9 thought its worth a try, it looks so much like this, see how my lips like it.The palette and eyeliner from this collection were featured as well. The palette had both eye/cheek products at a reasonable cost, eyeliner looked great and came with a brush has anyone used it and able to comment in terms of versatility, colour pigmentation, wear or anything they have noticed. As I had mentioned am looking for some multipurpose items at reasonable cost. Any feedback appreciated.

angusmum1 said...

So much for that, the palette is already out of stock. It really does look very nice and has everything so Im not surprised.