Thursday, March 28, 2013

HydroPeptide Eye Anti-Wrinkle Dark Circle Concentrate

Months ago, HydroPeptide sent me HydroPeptide Eye Anti-Wrinkle Dark Circle Concentrate ($60) to test. It took awhile for me to start using it because I only test one eye treatment at a time. How else would I know what's doing what? I've been using HydroPeptide for about six weeks (maybe seven), and I think it's a great eye treatment. I have to agree with the marketing information below.

The lightweight, yet super-hydrating eye cream is marketed as an under-eye cream, but I have been using it over and under, with no seepage into my eyes and no ill effects. I'm incorrigible.

Combat all the eye area concerns from fine lines and wrinkles to dark circles and puffiness. HydroPeptide Eye does it all and does it effectively. Seven peptides go to work visibly lifting wrinkles, reducing puffiness and dark circles. Immediately, pearls add a pretty luminescent glow, and hyaluronic acid perfectly hydrates. Perfectly primes eyelids for eye makeup for smooth, crease-free application.

I don't suffer with dark circles, but HydroPeptide Eye has captured me anyhow. They say you don't have to have dark circles to appreciate what a tiny dab will do for you.
  • Minimizes the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
  • Improves firmness and restore elasticity
  • Enhances texture and tone
  • Hydrates without any feeling of heaviness
  • Adds radiance to the eye area
How does it do that? With its all-star line-up of ingredients. Look at the ingredient list, and you will see several peptides, botanicals, and (gasp) even retinol palmitate. I am terribly sensitive/allergic to retinol, yet this eye cream never caused burning, peeling, or discomfort. There's Vitamin K (known to help prevent capillary leakage under the eyes) and licorice, great ingredients for combating dark circles; sodium hyaluronate, nature's sponge - a fabulous moisturizer; and arbutin, a bearberry-derived natural skin brightener. I won't give you the science on all of the ingredients. I know there's a point at which your eyes may glaze over.

At HydroPeptide, the focus is on peptides. They are leaders in peptide technology and currently incorporate 21 of the latest generation peptides in their HydroPeptide Collection. This number is always growing as they test new peptides. They claim to have created the most advanced and comprehensive peptide collection available to lead the way in innovation and peptide technology.

This eye cream contains dipeptide-2. That's a peptide with a structure resembling that of the lipid content of the epidermis. It's considered to be a Natural Moisturizing Factor (NMF). As an NMF, it helps keep the intercellular structure of the epidermis intact, facilitates the skin’s healing process, prevents dermal irritation, and may even regenerate the skin. That's only one of the beneficial peptides in HydroPeptide's products.

HydroPeptide products are also paraben-free, phthalate-free, and cruelty-free. That leaves me extra-friendly toward the company.


Here are photos of a test subject after two weeks of using HydroPeptide's Sensitive Skin + Redness Relief Collection, including HydroPeptide Eye. Two weeks! All I can say is, "Wow!" You know what I really like about this photo? Have you ever noticed how staged before and after photos are? In the before photo, the subject is always frowning. Before photos look a bit like mugshots. In the after photo, the subjects are smiling - all happy, presumably, with the results. There's nothing like a smile, but it does nothing to illustrate most skin care results.

What specific results have I seen? First, it takes only a teeny tiny bit to apply under the eyes and over the eyelid crease. I'm sure that's why the half-ounce container has lasted me for a long time. When you pump the product onto your hand or finger to apply it, you will notice a pearly look. That pearly appearance transfers to the skin around my eyes, brightening for a radiant look. Could it be that pearl powder and mica in the ingredients? I think so because they really add a luminescence that's impressive.

It feels cool on the skin and absorbs quickly, leaving the perfect base for my makeup. I nave noticed no fragrance - one of my pet peeves with skin care.

My expression lines have been minimized, and the crepiness on the inside over the crease has been way less noticeable. The area around my eyes looks fresh and healthy after six weeks of continuous use (morning and night before bed). Perhaps it's turning back the hands of time? I think so. I'm a believer. I got so excited about it, I started applying it to the nasolabial folds around my mouth.

One more thing - for now. HydroPeptide is a company with a social conscious and a heart. See this page for a list of their philanthropic donations and their care for the environment and wellness. Just one example? HydroPeptide believes strongly in supporting those in need when help is needed most. HydroPeptide pays 11% of their profits to help support various charities that aid humanitarian projects worldwide. My kind of company!


What more can I tell you? You can find HydroPeptide at their Web site. I've seen the eye cream at Amazon for $51.44 and drugstore.com at list price. I will definitely purchase it when my gratis container pumps its last pump.

Photos courtesy of HydroPeptide

6 comments:

Lisa said...

Great review! I'm in! After you described your undereye area, it sounded like mine, so if you saw improvement, perhaps I will too! I struggle with retinol compounds, so perhaps I will tolerate this preparation as well!

Charlestongirl said...

Thanks, Lisa!

I was blown away by the fact that it has retinol in it, and I suffered no reactions. I am soooo sensitive to that ingredient.

Anonymous said...

I recently replenished my stock of eye cream with my usual, but this could be something I try in the future. Sometimes I think skin care products are similar to shampoo in that you have to switch things up to keep them working for you. Perhaps an old wives tale on the shampoo front, but I find over time my hair needs a change.

Suselew said...

I've looked all over their site for the Redness Relief collection. I don't see it.

Elise H. said...

Hi Suselew!

We're so thrilled that you discovered us on Best Things in Beauty! HydroPeptide’s Sensitive Skin + Redness Relief System consists of two products: the Uplifting Comfort Eye Gel and Soothing Repair Redness Relief Serum. Both products will be available in the world’s most prestigious spas and dermatological clinics and online at HydroPeptide.com beginning April 1, 2013. The retailer nearest you can be found by visiting HydroPeptide.com.

Wishing you great and glowing skin always,

Elise H.,
HydroPeptide's PR Girl

Unknown said...

I purchased this in saudi arabia for SAR.330 riyals, let me tell you it worked wonders for my sunken eyes and dark circles
Im Highly satisfied