Monday, March 4, 2013

Estée Lauder Mad Men Collection for 2013 See-Thru Blush in Light Show

Estée Lauder's Mad Men Collection for 2013 has three limited-edition pieces. I purchased two, although I'm really tempted to get in the car and dash over to buy the third, the beautiful pink nail lacquer later today. There's something about having a complete collection that entices me.

When you open the art deco box of the See-Thru Blush in Light Show ($50), you will find a classy gold pouch. Take the blush out of its pouch, and you'll see the gorgeous compact.

Open the compact, and you'll find a little powder puff sitting prettily atop the pink blush. The presentation is gorgeous. The blush lives up to its surroundings.

I took swatch photos today, the first day with sunshine in many days. You'll see in my photo directly above that Light Show is pink. The Estée Lauder photos had led me to expect a warmer pink, perhaps a peachy shade. The pink is gorgeous and complements the Pinkadelic Lipstick perfectly.

I swatched with a sponge-tipped applicator at the top of my arm using a sponge-tipped applicator, and I used a dense blending brush to apply the larger swatch below. Both swatches were heavily applied.

Light Show has a very small amount of sparkle to it - not enough to make me call it sparkly, but definitely enough to make it lively. I love the color. It is making me think spring.

Mad Men is a limited-edition collection, so if you want one piece or all of them, I'd recommend that you purchase now. You can find the three-piece collection now at the Estée Lauder Web site and at Estée Lauder counters everywhere.

Want to take bets on whether I go get that nail lacquer?

Photo of compact courtesy of Estée Lauder; other photos by Best Things in Beauty

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I'm so glad I saw your swatches. I too thought it was a peachy blush and wasn't going to purchase it. Now that I see it's pink, I'm going to order it right now!

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Anonymous,

I was surprised. It goes to show you can never totally depend on press photos. The blush is gorgeous.

grlnxdor said...

Oh this is lovely! I have been holding out for the Chanel Rose Initiale, but I really need to go swatch this one. So pretty and the compact is just gorgeous!

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Grlnxdor,

I think of these as collector's items.

Anonymous said...

Oooh thanks for the swatches. Based on the promo photo, I too was expecting more of a peach blush. This is very pretty and shades of rose are wickedly flattering on so many skintones. A girl can never have too many. I'm definitely oooh'ing and ahhh'ing over this collection and feeling the need :)

Dee said...

Oh this is a gorgeous collection! I'm always curious how they're going to fit in the Mad Men theme into collections but this one is lovely!

gerui said...

The pink them is really look amaze, do you have another color for my collection like creamy or orange.

Samantha Anderson said...

A friend recommended I try this Estée Lauder's collection a few days ago. But, I didn`t want to go ahead and purchase until I got some more information.

Thank you Charleston Girl, for helping me make the decision :)

cheryl said...

2Hi CG -

Now that you've seen this in person, do you think the compact is refillable?

Thanks.

Anonymous said...

Canadians do not see this lovely collection on the Lauder website. My trusted Lauder SA told me that it might not reach Canadian stores. I love the lipstick and nail polish colour.

Charlestongirl said...

Me too, wwendalynne!

I was surprised and delighted at the pink shade.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Dee,

I wonder if we will get a new collection next year. So far, no news.

Charlestongirl said...

Gerui,

You might want to look at the cream products by Aerin Lauder.

Charlestongirl said...

Glad the photos helped, Samantha!

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Cheryl,

I don't see how that would be easy. I can ask. I guess if you are willing to operate, anything's possible.

Charlestongirl said...

Oh no, Maureen! That's too bad.

Ginny said...

I owned the blush from last year's Mad Men collection, and totally love it! This year, the packaging won me over than the product itself, so I still ordered it even at such a pricy tag ($50 for the blusher). I'll receive it tomorrow and hopefully it'll be worth for my bucks!

themakeupmami said...

Because of your blog, I just bought the Mad Men Collection blush and lipstick. I am patiently waiting their arrival. Thank you for such a great blog.

angusmum1 said...

I was at a counter two days ago in Ontario and they advised they would not be getting the collection and that it wasnt able to be gotten from another store, as is common. I assume they mean Ontario and likely all of Canada. I did see it last year but only got one piece, most had sold out. Boo hoo, esp sine i se how nice it is!!