Thursday, May 9, 2013

Bobbi Brown Sheer Color Cheek Tint from the Nude Beach Collection for Summer 2013 - Swatches

How I love color in stick form! When I saw the e-mail announcing Bobbi Brown's Nude Beach Collection for Summer 2013, I went straight to look at the limited-edition Sheer Color Cheek Tints ($26). I put two of them in my shopping cart, but didn't purchase because I wanted to dash over the Neiman Marcus to see if they had arrived - and could be tested there. The whole collection was there. The photo directly below was taken with my iPhone with flash. It shows the entire collection.

In the past, I've purchased every Sheer Color Cheek Tint Bobbi Brown has introduced. They are sheer, so shades you might think won't work for you will. I thought Nude Beach would be too dark for me. It's not.

Our beloved blush formula is back with a newly designed, more luxurious look. Featuring the same easy twist-up application, this sheer, tinted formula glides on smooth and blends in beautifully for a fail-proof flush of natural looking color on cheeks every time. Both O Magazine and Cosmopolitan feature the new Sheer Color Cheek Tints in the February 2013 issues. They are also featured in Self and Lucky Magazines (May 2013).

After testing all three shades at the store, I purchased Nude Beach (#11, described as golden pink bronze), Summer Pink (#12, bright pink), and Sunlit Nude (#13, described as golden pearl pink). They are pictured above in that order, from left to right.

I took swatch photos in full mid-day sun. I applied each shade directly from the tube to my arm, explanation for the uneven application. When applying to your face, you simply blend these very sheer beauties with your fingers or a synthetic brush. Swatching heavily for photos left me no room for normal blending. I wanted to show you the colors well.

Sunlit Nude (#11) at the top of my arm is the most sheer of the three. I see the color as a golden peach. It's extremely forgiving, so apply freely and achieve a subtle sun-kissed look. The finish is glowing, but not sparkly - despite that sun spot you see on my arm.

Summer Pink (#12) is perfect for pink lovers like me. It's a great blush. It also provides a sheer, glowing finish.

The moment I applied Nude Beach (#13), I saw that the finish is sparkling - different from the other two. The sparkle is subtle - almost like a sheen, but probably slightly over that threshold. Nude Beach is a true bronze shade, with just a hint of rose in it. You have to look very hard to see the rose.

I'm happy with my three new Bobbi Brown Sheer Color Cheek Tints. They are available now at Bobbi Brown counters and the Bobbi Brown Web site. I have one more fabulous item from the collection to show you - very soon.

Photo at top courtesy of Bobbi Brown; other photos by Best Things in Beauty

13 comments:

Penflair said...

Hi CG, I just purchased Sunlit Nude and Nude Beach last night but haven't had a chance to try either of them yet. I'm curious how Sunlit Nude compares to Tom Ford's Blush Guilt. Any thoughts?

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Penflair!

I think these are more brown, less peachy than the TF Blush Guilt. Also, there's an intangible of Blush Guilt - hard for me to describe - that makes it so enticing.

Eileen said...

With all these beautiful stick formulations and colors hitting the counters, it makes me want to toss my powder blushers and bronzers--well, maybe just push them to the back of the drawer :-)

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Eileen!

I just love the sticks. The new BB eye sticks (feature tomorrow) are gorgeous.

Running with Scissors said...

mmmm, lovely. Lucky you! x

Claire said...

Sounds like a lovely product, CG! Are the colors transparent/gel-like (v.s. cream-based)?

BooBooNinja said...

Do you prefer these over the pot rouges?

beano54 said...

these look amazing i Want one xx

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Christy,

I shouldn't have bought all three, but there was no way I could choose.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi BooBoo,

Yes!

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Beano,

They are really priced well. :)

Charlestongirl said...

Claire,

Yes they are very sheer. I guess you could call them gel-like, but I think of them as very blendable creams with lots of slip.

Claire said...

Hi CG! Thanks to your reviews, I picked up Sunlit Nude + Golden Bronze shadow stick. I have a small toddler, very hard to go out shopping with (esp. with limited childcare) and I do rely on blogs to see the latest swatches, etc. These are the products I otherwise would have never picked. BB (and many other lines) should thank you for being an excellent enabler, just sayin' :-)