Monday, May 13, 2013

Guerlain Rouge Automatique in Cherry Blossom

Not long ago, my favorite Guerlain representative sent me a gratis, mini-sized Rouge Automatique in Cherry Blossom (#161, $35), described simply as a petal pink sheen. That simplistic description doesn't share the half of this exquisite color.

I'm sure the makeup mavens who read my blog know all about Rouge Automatique, a hydrating and long-lasting lip color with an innovative flip-top applicator. The fabulous formula combines long-lasting hold with comfort and radiance in a burst of beautiful colors. Add to that the sophisticated gold-toned applicator that lets you open and close the lipstick with a quick-gliding switch using just one hand, and you have the ultimate in lipstick luxury.

I am absolutely thrilled to have this shade. It could not be more perfect for the spring and summer seasons. I waited for a nice, sunny day and took swatch photos to show you that you need Cherry Blossom - if you don't already have it.

It's not new, but does that make Cherry Blossom any less exciting? Not to me! I find this warm pink to be luscious (see the comments - it can look cooler depending on lip pigmentation). It's semi-opaque, not so opaque that it looks artificial, but enough to provide coverage. It's luminous and adds a sheen - it's not overtly shiny - creamy, and hydrating.

This week, I hope to show you more products you might have missed. I'll make sure they are all still available. There's nothing worse than being tempted with something you can't buy. I call that reader abuse. [grin] You can purchase Cherry Blossom at Guerlain counters, including Nordstrom and Sephora.

Photo at top courtesy of Sephora; other photos by Best Things in Beauty

16 comments:

Unknown said...

Love the colour and the texture. The colour looks similar to a Chanel shade that I have been hunting (number 42 in rouge allure) but since I can't seem to get my hands on that, I think I'll check this one out. I just hope it looks good on my skin tone.

morelikespace said...

Interesting, the shade looks warmer on you than it does on me. Couldn't agree with your appraisal more, though. This is probably my most favourite light pink shade ever. I adore it.

Charlestongirl said...

Hey there, Dollie!

Perhaps this one will be THE replacement for your Chanel. There are plenty of other blog features on it, so check several to see if it's a good selection for you.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Kate!

Could that be because of your lip pigment, adding your own tone to the color? My lips make it look pinker than it does on my arm. The color is very light-dependent too.

Adelina Eneșca said...

This is the most gourgeous lipstick I have ever seen! I want it so badly! Great review!

Unknown said...

Wow, that is such a gorgeous color. I'm glad I consistently read your blog as I never have the time anymore to go shopping (at a mall at least) and I would never know that small wonders like this exist!! Thanks for sharing!

Moonchime said...

Absolutely gorgeous!

bedazzled64 said...

This is a gorgeous shade of red! I love the automatiques, I really need this one!!

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Adelina,

Glad it's still available!

Charlestongirl said...

Thanks, MJ Brocious! I'd love to be a personal shopper. :)

Charlestongirl said...

I think so too, Moonchime.

Charlestongirl said...

Glad you like it, Lisa!

Alice said...

Love it! Love the color for it looks light and natural. This will be perfect for everyday wear. Gotta have one....

Adelina Eneșca said...

Hope I'll find it in Romania. And also hope I can wear it since I'll have to wear braces :( I love your blog even if I found out about it recently. Keep up the good work!

Slavic female said...

Hi Charleston Girl.x
I'm in the UK, and as a freelance makeup artist for the National Film School here just outside London;I had to write to say your knowledge of products and thorough detailing is second to none.
It's the only one I subscribe to learn!

The Guerlain shots on your arm give all the information in a succinct, detailed and friendly way.I love it!
Just felt compelled to post.
Best wishes to you.What an excellent site you run.
Isabella x

anusha said...

such a lovely colour..am drooling here...you pick up such gorgeous products