Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Guerlain Rouge Automatique in Champs-Élysées

Recently, my favorite Guerlain representative sent me a gratis, mini-sized Rouge Automatique in Champs-Élysées (#165, $35), described simply as fuchsia. Fuchsia it is - bold and bright!

I'm sure the makeup mavens who read my blog know all about Rouge Automatique, a hydrating and long-lasting lip color with an innovative flip-top applicator. The fabulous formula combines long-lasting hold with comfort and radiance in a burst of beautiful colors. Add to that the sophisticated gold-toned applicator that lets you open and close the lipstick with a quick-gliding switch using just one hand, and you have the ultimate in lipstick luxury.

If you wear reds or strong pinks, you should love Champs-Élysées. I find it a bit too bold for my looks, although makeup artists always disagree with me on that. Let's just say that it's a shade for a confident women. How's that for a hedge?

I took swatch photos in full sun in different locations in my garden, which accounts for the various appearances of the shade (and my arm). Believe me, it's bright, and the color is saturated. You an see how it covers the veins in my arm. I applied it heavily.

It's not new, but does that make Champs-Élysées any less appealing? This week I'm focusing on shades you might have missed. If you love hot pink, this is your lipstick. The photo immediately below makes the shade look very shiny - only because of the exposure. It's not in normal lighting. It offers a sheen and no more.

Champs-Élysées is semi-opaque, not so opaque that it looks artificial, but enough to provide full, saturated coverage. It's creamy, and hydrating.

As I mentioned earlier in the week, I hope to show you more products you might have missed. I'll make sure they are all still available. There's nothing worse than being tempted with something you can't buy. You can purchase Champs-Élysées at Guerlain counters, including Nordstrom and Sephora.

Photo at top courtesy of Sephora; other photos by Best Things in Beauty

10 comments:

Cosmetics Aficionado said...

This is so lovely! I love pinky berry shades.

Anonymous said...

This shade is gorgeous! I have seen it before and still am not sure if it's just a little too bright or not, but your swatches certainly do make me want it! I shall have to try it on one of these days (for a softer shade, Chamade might be good too).

Leila

beeden said...

I am wondering if you think this shade is good for most skin tones? It is very pretty ...and tempting!

lov2read68 said...

This has been on my wishlist for such a long time. I keep wavering between too bright & just right. I just recently found out that there is a Guerlain counter not horribly far from here. I need to make a pilgrimage to feast my eyes on this. Chamade is also on my list. Gorgeous, lemming inducing shots as always CG!
I haven't heard anything about your mom recently (unless I've missed a posting) I hope no news is good news!

Carolyn N. said...

It's pretty. I wish I was more confident to wear bold colors!

Unknown said...

I have two minis from GWPs, and I LOVE it! I got the matching nail polish (actually before getting the lipsticks), and the color is just perfect for me. I love bright colors for lips! Have you tried layering with a gold gloss to take it down?

Mary Ann said...

I was sent a sample of this also with my recent purchase. I love it!
I do not feel it is too bright.

angusmum1 said...

I have never tried this brand of lipstick and have been wanting to, such luxury. I think this would be a great choice as I dont have a shade like that and would love to venture into the land of bright colour once anyway, good reason to do so now. Is the smaller size available for purchase? It is a cool tone right? Im really not good with that I just know that browny, rusty shades arent my thing if it seems your teeth are whiter is it cool? There is a small Geurlain counter 1.5 hrs from where I am so will see if theyhave it next week when i am there, hopefully have the time. I. think its beautiful.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi everyone! Sorry I was MIA late yesterday. I had a problem with a conservation easement violation. Still do.

This shade is not for everyone, but I'm glad to hear that some of you have it and like it! If you can feel good in bright pink, you'll love it. I prefer lighter colors. I do appreciate this shade, though. I have to admit it's gorgeous. :)

Claire said...

I love Champs-Élysées!! I think this is one of the best shade from Guerlain RA. Also glad Guerlain came out with nail polish in this shade to match!