Thursday, May 23, 2013

Neiman Marcus Camp Gorgeous Coming Soon

It's time for another beauty event at Neiman Marcus in stores and online! Camp Gorgeous will run from Sunday, June 2 through Sunday, June 9. During the event, there will be gifts with purchase. I love those little extras.

Spend $85 or more in the beauty department (cosmetics and/or fragrances), and you will have your choice of large, stripped summer totes (beige, blue, or hot pink) with a few samples to try. Perfect for the beach, lake, or pool, it's an ideal way to pull together your sun goddess look. Get your tote and fill it with the season's essentials, then throw in some sunglasses and a good book. You'll be ready to soak up the summer.

Many of the brands will be offering GWPs with your purchases. If you plan to purchase something soon, why not line it up now as a pre-sale purchase so that you can take advantage of the gifts?

I want to thank two wonderful Neiman Marcus product and sales representatives for alerting me to the upcoming event: Layla Murad and Valerie Fleming. They are both at the Tysons Galleria store.

Valerie is a Bobbi Brown representative. Here's what she told me about the Bobbi offer...

Bobbi Brown is giving away a Bobbi Mirror that you can throw in your bag as well as a lip gloss in Bellini for customers who take advantage of the pre-sale, spending $100.00 or more. Supplies are limited. They are also having freelance makeup artist support during Camp Gorgeous. If you are near Tysons Corner, call (703) 761-1600 to make an appointment for a new Bobbi Brown summer look.

I've put my thinking cap on. During these events, I usually stock up on my staples. I must survey here to figure out what I need.

Photo courtesy of Neiman Marcus

10 comments:

Tracey K said...

I miss living and working in the area so I could be part of all the great events, KC, while is nice does not compare to the "hub " that NOVA offers, but I do not miss the traffic!

Claire said...

Thanks for this announcement, CG! Will this be available for online customers as well? I'm a bit ambivalent with GWP/goodie bags from NM, Bergdorf, etc. I think, like you mentioned, it is good to stock up on your regular stuff if you need them.

The problem with GWP events: it used to be quite elaborate but now they seem to be hiking the price point for sometimes quite "useless" GWP E.g. a bag and a few minis that I already owned. And samples? I'm not sure I need those in abundance, esp since I have an SA who will get me any samples I need. If nothing else, I usually decline samples because at this point I know what works/doesn't work on my skin/coloring. Another sample will become another clutter in my edited makeup drawer.

In any case, I happen to spend on beauty items @ NM to qualify for their most recent "goodie bag" filled with perfume samples. I must say that the type of perfumes they include in it is better than say Nordstrom (I got Jour d'Hermes, which is quite hard to get samples of, some Jo Malone, Prada, and Tom Ford). Better than average I must say, but I wouldn't intentionally spend more to reach that threshold.

Kathy said...

The 'gifts/freebies' at those things are great if you want them/need them....but most of the time if I have needed something I have already bought it!...

Unknown said...

Thank you for the "heads up"! Was just online shopping this afternoon for a few things... (LOL)
Always a few more things are needed to add to my stock.
I just LOVE the Guerlain BB Cream. Based on your posting, I had to have it! ;-)
Can't wait to see what else is out there that I MUST HAVE!
Happy Memorial Day Weekend, CG.

LoveSugarBabyDoll said...

I love the Beauty events. I always get together a group of girlfriends and we go play with the makeup then have lunch.
Taking a little inventory beforehand is a great idea. It is the perfect time to stock up on essentials.
I think Nordstrom's Mascara Event is coming up soon too. Either this weekend or next?

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Tracey,

Who could miss this traffic? It has grown to be a major factor in determining what you do when!

Charlestongirl said...

Yes, Claire. Online and in store.

The bags aren't nearly as nice as they used to be. Oh well, free is free.

Ditto on the samples and threshold for getting them.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Kathy,

Yes. I enjoy throwing them in my contest winner's boxes. Occasionally, I use them.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Purple Peacock!

I adore my Guerlain BB cream. I wear it every weekend, and my skin looks great. Even got a compliment!

Charlestongirl said...

That sounds fun, LSBD!