Thursday, May 2, 2013

Edward Bess Blush Extraordinaire in Secret Affair

There are three shades of the new Edward Bess Blush Extraordinaire ($43): Bed of Roses (bright pink), Filled with Desire (pale pink), and Secret Affair (soft peach). I ordered Bed of Roses. It's a beautiful rose pink, and the Sephora photo above of Secret Affair scared me. I was sure it would be orange, but I couldn't believe that Edward Bess, a creative genius, would introduce a garish blush. He didn't.

After seeing Gaia's photos at The Non-Blonde, I learned that Secret Affair isn't orange at all. I wasted no time in ordering it. It's a warm pink. Once again, I wonder how many women are turned off by inaccurate photos on retail sites.

Achieve the look of a naturally flushed cheek. The light and ultra-fine texture of this blush delivers a sheer veil of radiant luminosity with a velvet finish and stays color-true all day. The sleek compact easily slips into your purse and includes a travel brush for easy application.

I took my photos in full sunlight. I swatched heavily at the top of my arm with a sponge-tipped applicator. Then I took a dense blending brush and applied the larger swatch below. As you can see, the color is a beautiful warm peachy pink. It's perfectly buildable, so you can have light light pink or a more vibrant pink - it's all in your application technique.


As Gaia said when she reviewed Secret Affair, "The texture of Edward Bess Blush Extraordinaire makes the shade appear slightly different depending on the light."  I hope you can see the satin, believable finish, which is typical of Edward Bess makeup. It's always elegant.

We can find Edward Bess makeup, including this new Blush Extraordinaire, at Bergdorf Gooodman, a few Neiman Marcus locations, and Sephora. I purchased mine at Sephora. What do you think of this color? I find it absolutely perfect for spring.

Photo at top courtesy of Sephora; other photos by Best Things in Beauty

15 comments:

lovethescents said...

Oh now THAT is gorgeous!

Clarisse said...

This color is unbelievably gorgeous (the satin texture is so beautiful!) I meant to buy the Dior duo but now I know I'll buy this one instead!

Nida Moughal said...

I feel like I have this exact shade in my collection but it is very gorgeous.

Anonymous said...

The arms swatches look almost coral to me and put me in mind of the new Nars LE Pierre Hardy blush called Boys Don't Cry.

The fact that even the arm swatches appear different from both product photographs suggests to me this is a more complex shade. That's a good thing, but it can lead to wonky photographs. The best blushes are always those that are multi-dimensional IMO.

Mamavalveeta03 said...

I'm SO happy that you swatched these because had I viewed that orangey shade on Sephora, I would have run away from it! WHY do they do that??? These are beautiful! Thanks, CG!

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Lovethescents,

That IS gorgeous.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Clarisse,

Do you have EB in France yet?

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Nida,

I guess there are only so many shades of blush. :)

Charlestongirl said...

Well, Wwendalynne,

That was Gaia's observation too.

Charlestongirl said...

Agreed, MamaVal. That orange photo is close to hideous.

grlnxdor said...

Reminds me of my beloved Malice blush from Chanel. This shade of pinky peach would work on a wide range of skintones. So fresh for this time of year and Summer, too.

Clarisse said...

Hi Charlestongirl, no we don't know EB here yet but since 2012, it's possible to order it from England!

Meredith said...

I am wondering how this shade compares to TF Flush. Do you have that one? What do you think of the two?

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Meredith,

Malice is pinker. :)

Virginie said...

I am gonna order this right now!! Thanks CG!!