Monday, December 6, 2010

Elizabeth Edwards

It's all over the news tonight that Elizabeth Edwards is losing her battle with cancer. Edwards, 61, posted to her personal Facebook page a message to friends reading in part, "The days of our lives, for all of us, are numbered. We know that."

You can read more at CBS, where I got this beautiful photograph of her. Whether you were a fan or not, you can't help but be sad that metastasized breast cancer is taking the life of another woman.

Elizabeth Edwards has fought her battle publicly and bravely. If this news is true, her family is losing a mom, and the world is losing a successful author and powerful advocate. I'm sure she knows how many people love her. I hope she knows how many people admire her and will miss her.

Update 12/7: I'm sure you have heard that Elizabeth Edwards died today. May she rest in peace. My sympathies to her family and friends. She was an exceptional woman.

Photo courtesy of CBS News

5 comments:

Vanessa S said...

Very sad indeed. She is a very classy lady.

Charlestongirl said...

I just heard on the 5:00 news that she died. So sad. Left me in tears, and I never met her.

She lost a child, lost her marriage, and lost her fight against cancer, but she was stoic and set an amazing example.

Lisa S. said...

I also just heard the sad news.

I admired her courage in facing so much in her life. The photo of her is beautiful.

Cancer is vicious. I lost my mom to bone cancer in March. Let's hope a cure is found soon.

Charlestongirl said...

Oh, Lisa, I am so sorry. I can't even comprehend how painful that must have been for her - and you. This is going to be a tough holiday. I'm sorry - I remember my first without my father.

Unknown said...

Elizabeth was a wonderful woman for numerous reasons. I, myself, will miss her advocacy for gay marriage and her strong voice when others are hushed.