Saturday, December 25, 2010

Merry Christmas!

Merry Christmas! I hope Santa was good to you, tucking some beauty-full goodies into your stocking. You did hang it by the chimney with care, right?

Despite the imagery, we have no snow here - and I'm glad! The forecast calls for some flurries tonight and a "minor snowfall" tomorrow. I can't deal with snow while I try to finish preparations for the next week. I hear that friends from the Mid-West to Paris are blanketed with the white stuff, and more is headed toward the East Coast. While picturesque, it's terribly inconvenient. Just think of the extra reindeer Santa needs to give the sleigh traction!

I've left the morning meal for the foxes and raccoons, and I'll be headed out soon with food for the birds and squirrels. Charlie and Savannah have eaten. I'm looking forward to a mimosa and raspberry croissant. All is well at our house. I'm headed downstairs to open some presents too.

I'll be back later this morning with our Weekend Roundup. Until then, savor the day! Hope you have fun.

If you'd like to go off to You Tube to hear one of my all time favorite Christmas carols sung by Barbara Padilla (yes, I'm still bummed she didn't win), check out this link. Incredibly hard to sing - hard to believe I used to be able sing it. Another beautiful version, if you can stand the quick advertisement, is here. No question Renée Fleming can sing!

Update 9:20 AM: It's snowing. It wasn't supposed to happen, except for flurries tonight. How could this be?

2 comments:

Clarisse said...

Thank you for your wishes! It's 18h45 here and can you believe it we had a very sunny day but very, very cold!!!!I am 300km South of Paris and though we had snow at the beginning of the week it was not as bad as in Paris and we could "move". What was worrying was the black ice on the roads...Last night was freezing cold and I just had come back from Midnight Mass when I left a comment on your post (1.a.m). Today was very busy (hurrying from the oven ...to the table... to the dishwaher..) but I survived! It's amazing how much young people (around twenty five) are able to eat in one meal!!!Anyway it was a lovely Christmas as my children are rarely there at the same time!
Happy Christmas day to everybody! (I hope you won't be bothered by the snow too long!)

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Clarisse, Joyeux Noël! I wondered why you were up so late last night. :)

I am so glad you were able to have Christmas with your children - what a treat!

Hope you survive the snow! Ours stopped long before it could stick. Waiting to see what tonight and tomorrow bring.