Saturday, December 18, 2010

Weekend Roundup - December 18

The countdown to Christmas has begun. Here are some great shopping ideas. Whether you are still searching for the perfect gift, doing a little shopping for yourself, or saving your money for spring, we've got something for you.

This week, Sabrina shared some hard-to-find Chanel colors at The Beauty Look Book, lip and eye colors that were exclusive to Saks and Chanel.com. Find out why they were worth the hunt! She's also got photos of Chanel's Spring 2011 collection, and it's a beauty. I could feel compelled to buy Black Pearl Les Vernis (in addition to the items I've already ordered).

Julie Hewett, a Hollywood favorite, never misses. Check out The Non-Blonde to find out why Gaia is buying Julie's Hue Color Creams. Mystere looks gorgeous. Gaia wants Malachite next. I plan to try Julie's Camellia Balm. We're not going to let those West Coast beauties outdo us!

Kari's biggest makeup frustration is foundation. She has a hard time getting the perfect match. After reading makeup artist Pat McGrath's recommendations, she tested up a storm at Fab over Forty. The results? Head over to see read her thoughts.

Giorgio Armani Beauty has a new eye shadow formula, Eyes to Kill. Three shades were introduced for holiday as a preview of what's to come, and Amy showed us at Café Makeup how they stack up against some other favorites. I found the metallic, creamy shades to be stunning, but agree with Amy that a little goes a long way. I really hope the rest of the collection isn't seeded with red dye.

At Gouldylox Reviews, Kelly gave us the 411 on a Bare Escentuals steal. Shimmer and shine for the holidays - at a discount! I was frosted when I read about this fabulous sale. I had just purchased the set at full price. It's a buy!

Jane demonstrated how she'll get her holiday glam with The Falsies Volum' Express Mascara from Maybelline. Head over to Daly Beauty to see her amazing before and after photos. Great mascara - I'm still hung up over the not-so once-size-fits-all brush.

Kate Somerville, skin care guru, has a new miracle product. Find out from Carla at Product Girl why you are going to want Kate's CytoCell Dermal Energizing Treatment. I have a sample, so I'm off to see how far I can make it go this weekend. Then I may beg my friends at Neiman Marcus for a few more.

Many of us fret about our holiday hair styles. Kristin showed us how to maintain our curls for the party season. Ever heard of Miss Jessie? You'll be looking for her after reading BeautyXposé.

Debbi was also thinking about her holiday hair style as she tried a dry shampoo. Find out why she gave Oscar Blandi's Pronto Invisible Volumizing Dry Shampoo Spray a rave review at DivaDebbi.

I got my hands on photos of Chantecaille's Sea Turtle Palette and new Hydra Chic lipsticks. See the gorgeous colors for spring - and find out how you can help save the "gentle giants" here at Best Things in Beauty.

Don't forget to enter one of my mystery box contests! There are two here; just scroll around to find them. The deadline for the first one is tonight at midnight, while the second ends next week. While you're scrolling, make sure to check out the Giorgio Armani Beauty colors for Spring 2011. I'm looking forward to seeing them. Come late January, I hope to be sitting in Loyd Cassler's chair at Saks to see how he uses the dramatic shades to create a spring look. One more thing, guest makeup artist Alyson O'Brien shared some great techniques for using bronzer here.

We'll all be in touch before the official start of the holidays, but just in case you head off early, I wish you a happy, healthy, and safe holiday!

1 comment:

Arisa Lee said...

Wow! Lucky you!
Happy Holidays!