Saturday, December 11, 2010

Giorgio Armani Beauty Spring 2011 Transluminence Collection Sneak Peek

With the gracious permission of Tavia at Chic Profile, who always seems to have the 411 on upcoming makeup collections before anyone else, here is a photo of the featured products from Giorgio Armani Beauty's Transluminence Collection for Spring 2011. I checked with my PR friends at Armani Beauty to ensure that these shades would be launched in the United States - just so I wouldn't create any hopeless demand.

The collection is scheduled to be introduced in February in the U.S., which will be perfect for those of us clamoring for spring by then.

The photo shows the eye palette, the Armani quad design that's easiest to use (those little bull's eye shades in the Eyes to Kill palettes are hard to pick up with a brush - as much as I love them). I'm very eager to see how the forest green, dark blue, and dark iris translate for spring. I understand the color scheme only because I have seen Giorgio Armani's Spring/Summer 2011 midnight blue fashion collection, inspried by the nomads of the Sahara.

Naturally, with dramatic eyes, the makeup master showed light pink lips and cheeks - pretty, but not a distraction from the bold eye looks. There will be three new Rouge d'Armani lipsticks (all pink and much less intense than recent introductions). The face palette appears to be a glowing light pink that will be perfect for springtime or any time.

I'm looking forward to getting my hands on the collection. Are you intrigued?

Update 12/18: Tavia posted more photos here.

Photos courtesy of Chic Profile and Style.com

7 comments:

Goya said...

Hi,

Must confess that with all my love and appreciation for Armani products, the colors of the eye pallet look weird to me...Bottom line, I wouldn't wear them.

Dlori said...

I LOVE the colors in the eye quad, particularly the green but I'm having a little difficulty visualizing how these colors would work together since all the colors, except one, are so dark. I guess we'll see.

Leigh said...

Can hardly wait for your review!

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Goya, Dlori, and Leigh!

You can bet I'll have my hands on the collection as soon as it's available. I am sure that Loyd Cassler at Saks will show me how to use the eye shadows, even though they look dark in the promotional photo. Until then, we wait!

Eileen said...

It's my understanding that (like with LMdB) the shadows are meant to be layered or overlapped to create greater depth of color. Personally, I am really looking forward to seeing this collection. Because I came of make-up wearing age in the sixties, I am very comfortable with a dark dramatic eye paired with barely there lips and cheeks. And, because this is Armani, we know the finished look he has invisioned, will be sophisticted and refined; not garish. Since I already have deep blues and emerald greens in my make-up repertoire, this look will be a breeze for me. It reminds me a bit of YSL's big Moroccan blue phase.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Eileen,

Spoken like a true Armani fan! That's why I'm sure Loyd is going to teach me the way. He's a genius. Also, I know Armani shadow look and feel - these won't be scary on the eyes.

Gals, if you Google Mr. Armani's fashion collection for spring, you'll see that the models looked gorgeous, not scary. Each time I sit at Saks and look at the TVs with the show playing, I am mesmerized. I think Eileen knows that. :)

Miss Brahms said...

I'll be interested to see how the Armani artists at my store would do my light blue eyes and pale skin with the eye quad...I currently use the neutral #4 Quad, which is great for day to night, but I have that problem of using the top color the most, and it is almost gone!
The cheek color looks divine for a pale girl like me! Can't wait to see your swAtches, C-girl , as your skin tone is close to mine!