Thursday, December 2, 2010

YSL Metallic Pink Rouge Pure Shine Sheer Lipstick SPF 15 for Holiday 2010

YSL makes one of my favorite lipsticks: Rouge Pure Shine Sheer Lipstick with SPF 15. I love the sheer color, and the case is elegant. I always have one of the shades in my handbag. One evening after dinner with a friend, I slipped out a Rouge Pure Shine and quickly refreshed my lipstick (no mirror needed). He noticed the gorgeous square tube and the exclusive long golden cap, which opens in a "click," remarking that it was very classy. It passed the guy test with an A+! How many guys notice that a lipstick's case is unique?

I added one of two new colors for Holiday 2010, Metallic Pink (#35 and $30), to my collection of these fabulous sheer lip colors. The other new shade is Metallic Gold (#34). Now that I've worn Metallic Pink, I need to pick up another one. I wouldn't want to take a chance that I can't keep it "in my stock." I love it!

This shiny lipstick with exceptional gliding properties illuminates the lips with sparkling, transparent color. It has a wonderfully hydrating texture that provides comfort and protection.

I took a couple of photos for you. The first, at right, shows Metallic Pink at my house. The photo was taken in full sun. You can see that this is a pink anyone can wear - definitely not too blue, not too "darling." It's a flattering sheer shade, a perfect accompaniment to the pink gold shades in the rest of the holiday collection.

A swatch of Metallic Pink on my arm, taken in full sun, is shown at left. You can see the pretty shine - not all of it is reflective. The warm pink color will be a year-round shade for me.

Rouge Pure Shine is so easy to wear, I reach for it many times a day. It's not particularly long-lasting, but I don't care. I love the finish on my lips, and it doesn't hurt that I get lots of compliments on my favorite shades. That's why I need to buy at least one more Metallic Pink. OK, maybe more - I may hoard it. It's that pretty.

If you like sheer lipsticks, you're going to love this one. You can find it at Neiman Marcus (where I bought mine), Nordstrom, Saks, Bloomingdale's, Sephora, YSL's Web site, and anywhere else you usually find YSL Beauté.

Photo at top courtesy of Nordstrom

3 comments:

Liliana said...

I like those too, what I do not like is that they do not last. If you really like it, better stock on it because one gets fast through it...

Charlestongirl said...

Agreed - but they are so pretty, I don't care if I have to re-apply them. Big :)

Dlori said...

I find most of my lipsticks don't have a very long staying power. I don't know if it truly rubs off quickly or rather that I'm such a lipstick/lipgloss addict that I love the feel of re applying it pretty often. I'm generally not one to wear sheer colors but this pink is amazing and I can see in my mind exactly how flattering it would look on me as well as most people. I'm with you C-girl, you can never have too many lipsticks. These days, it seems to me that the make up companies are taking all the best colors in lipstick, lip gloss, eye shadow, whatever it is that most people seem to like the most, replacing it with what the companies describe as new and improved models. However, these newer items never seem to compare to the original. So I say if you love something and have the opportunity and the means to purchase a few "just in case", I say go for it. And incidentally, I can see this shade looking just lovely on you C-girl. Hey, if you were able to get a man to notice, I'll be at the front doors of Bergdorf's tomorrow, credit card in hand, ready to purchase a case.