Saturday, December 4, 2010

Weekend Roundup - December 4

Our favorite beauty bloggers had a lot to show you this week - makeup, fragrance, hair styles, nail polish, and gift ideas for the holidays. Please join us for our weekend roundup tour! We suspect you'll be shopping. Here are some suggestions.

We can always count on Gaia to find a new and exotic fragrance to tempt us. She gave Ineke Ruhland's newest perfume, Gilded Lily, a thumbs up! Find out what Gilded Lily and urban minimalism have in common at The Non-Blonde. She had me with the photo.

Want to change up your hair for the holidays? Kari's got you covered at Fab over Forty. Check out her ideas for party-perfect looks. You'll notice that the styles are modeled by "women of a certain age," and they are holding their own in stunning fashion against the teen stars!

Sabrina is dreaming of resort collections and the warm beaches they evoke - even though she lives in California! I shared her dream yesterday when little flurries flew through the air now and then. Head over to The Beauty Look Book to see how Sabrina got in the mood with a Chanel cruise-inspired manicure and pedicure. If anyone gets me "into" nail polish again, it's going to be Sabrina.

Kelly is having her biggest giveaway ever at Gouldylox Reviews! For 10 days, she will be listing a new item going into one (or both) of her two prize packages. Like KORRES, Bare Escentuals, and body wash? She's got them and more! Definitely drop by to enter her contest. She's got the goods!

Worried that your skin might not be holiday-ready? Debbi and Jane had some ideas for you this week. Debbi featured Ultherapy at DivaDebbi. Ultherapy uses "uplifting ultrasound" to improve any laxity on your face and neck in a completely non–surgical way. Taking "years off your face in minutes" grabbed her attention!

Jane was also looking for a way to beautify her skin for the holidays and found that Olay's Pro-X Firming Masks made her skin dewy and as smooth as a baby's bottom. To find out how she got her "wow" look, visit Daly Beauty. Since I can find Olay at the local CVS, I plan to give these a try - right after I finish test driving my new mask from Fresh.

At Product Girl, Laurie was smitten with Dior's limited-edition 5 Couleurs Gold Edition eye shadows (as was I). These shades may be just the thing to jazz up your holidays and make your eyes sparkle.

Amy at Café Makeup joined the beauty bloggers who have crowned YSL's TOUCHE D'OR Golden Touch/Highlighter for Face the way to shimmer and shine for your holiday festivities. She provided great swatches, so make sure to pay her a visit.

Still trying to figure out what to give your beauty addict buddies for Christmas? Kristin shared some great beauty gift ideas at BeautyXposé. You can spend $10 or $149 - any of her suggestions will be loved. I'm hoping she plans to buy a Clarisonic Mia for each of her "roundup friends." I still don't have one, and I want to join the in-crowd.

I received my new Edward Bess colors this week, and I tore into the box from Bergdorf Goodman. What did I open first? The new Deep Shine Lip Glosses! You can see the pretty pinks here at Best Things in Beauty (or just scroll down on my home page). I can't wait to show you the rest of the story, but first I'll be headed to Neiman Marcus this morning for a visit with Alex Chantecaille.

Don't forget the Smashbox Wish for the Perfect Pout giveaway contest! The deadline is tonight (Saturday) at midnight. Later today, I have another fabulous giveaway to offer you, so please come back before you check out this evening.

Happy shopping! Whether you'll be online this weekend or prowling your favorite stores, we're betting many of you will be shopping! Get any ideas?

No comments: