Sunday, August 1, 2010

Rahua Shampoo

Rahua Shampoo ($32) is stupendous! That's the best adjective I can use. If you look up the definition, stupendous means astoundingly excellent, marvelous, amazingly great, astonishing, and wondrous. On Twitter, I called it Rahua Rapture, although that may have described my state of mind, rather than the product itself, the first time I used it.

Bloggers aren't supposed to find themselves at a loss for words, but I can't think of enough superlatives to use in describing Rahua Shampoo. Awesome...impressive...luscious...these adjectives apply, along with effective, which doesn't sound terribly exciting, but actually means a lot in beauty parlance. Earth-friendly, green, and animal friendly are also applicable. "Wow" works for me. This is one amazing shampoo.

Recently, I told you about Rahua Conditioner. I had purchased it to see if I liked it, intending to buy Rahua Shampoo if I did. Before I could say more than "What an amazing conditioner," the generous folks at Rahua offered me the opportunity to try the shampoo. Naturally, I used it as soon as it came - and every day last week.

This shampoo does it all. It lathers generously without sulfates. As you massage it into your hair and scalp, it grows in luxurious volume, adding a rich feel to every shampoo while it cleanses and conditions. Using Rahua Shampoo is an olfactory trip to the rain forest, but no residue or fragrance are left behind. When you're done? Your hair will be shiny, bouncy, and have volume - all without stripping. It's perfect for all hair types, including color-treated hair. The superfine Rahua molecules penetrate the hair's cortex to repair and rebuild damaged strands while cultivating healthy hair. I love it! Just apply all the superlatives. I am close to babbling with my delight.

The ingredients read like a botanical garden who's who. The organic and 100% natural ingredients include camellia leaf extract, honeysuckle flower extract, raspberry leaf extract, aloe barbadensis, shea and coconut betaines, sea salt (for scalp circulation), vegetable glycerin, hydrolyzed wheat protein, vitamin E, oenoccarpus bataua, rahua nut oil, lecithin, palo santo oil, panthenol, hydrolyzed oat protein, and citric acid. There are no sulfates, parabens, silicone, animal products, or synthetics in Rahua products.

Someone is going to tell me that Rahua Shampoo is pricey at $32. Here's my take. Your appearance is the first thing others notice about you. You make an immediate impression with your appearance, and your hair, skin, and makeup play a leading role in your appearance. Why not target your spending to ensure that you look great? Rahua can help you. There's another thing you should consider. A year's supply of Rahua hair products will cost far less than a year's supply of high-end makeup. Would you spend $32 on the latest eye shadow palette? If so, you owe it to yourself to spend $32 to try this shampoo - or conditioner. If you are on a strict budget, then use the Rahua products for special occasions. Just use them! A portion of every purchase is donated to educate tribes in the Amazon about ways to protect their jungles and rivers from deforestation and contamination through sustainable use of natural resources. That should give you an additional reason to consider Rahua!

For many years, I have had an exclusive set of the best brands for my hair in my shower. They are, in my opinion, the best of the best, and all are a bit pricey. They make such a difference, they are worth every penny. I'm adding Rahua Shampoo and Conditioner to that exclusive set. I don't want to be without these amazing products - ever! My next task is to make sure my McLean salon starts to carry Amazon Beauty's Rahua line so that I can pop up there to get more when I run out.

Check out the incredible organic, natural, and vegan Rahua hair products from Amazon Beauty. There is a store and salon locator at this link.

Photo courtesy of Amazon Beauty/Rahua

10 comments:

New London said...

Haha, we take it you're a fan! Such a great line of products

Charlestongirl said...

I think I've become an "advocate" I like Rahua so much. Rahua in every shower!

Anonymous said...

where do you get this product? aside from a salon? Is it similar to Ojon products, as they hail from the Amazon as well? because Ojon products are pretty amazing as well. Are samples available?

Charlestongirl said...

I got my shampoo directly from Amazon Beauty. I got the Conditioner from b~glowing.

There is a locator link in the story. If you click on it, you will see the salons (like ION in New York) that carry Rahua. It's available internationally.

I don't know about samples.

I didn't like the Ojon products I tried because they were so highly scented. I hear they work very nicely, but I couldn't get past the smell.

Allison W said...

I have been wanting to try the Rahua shampoo/conditioner since reading your posts and I thought I would have to order online or drive an hour to a store listed on the Amazon Beauty website. Yesterday I bought the shampoo at Pure Beauty which is a mile from my house! They are charging $45 (!) dollars for the conditioner, so I'm going to see how I like the shampoo first. The SA said they are doing a trial run of the products, but she has really good things to say about it. I haven't tried it yet, but I can't wait. I just wanted to let people know it's availabe at Pure Beauty, which I think is a chain.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Allison!

Thanks for the information. Pure Beauty is a chain, and there's one near me. But $45? I wouldn't pay them $10 extra for the convenience. That's crazy. I'm going to call my store and see what they say.

I hope you love it - after you order online. :)

Allison Wong said...

So, update on my previous comment...I used the shampoo for the first time today and I love that it is all natural, cruelty free, etc. I did have to wash a couple of times to feel like my hair was really clean, but I also don't wash everyday since I'm a working mom. My hair does feel shiny, soft and wonderful!

I went back to Pure Beauty today to ask if the conditioner is really $45. No, indeed, it is really $34, the bottle I looked at was just priced wrong! And to top it all off, the entire store is 20% off starting today and through the weekend, so I bought another shampoo and the conditioner! For people on the fence about spending the money, they should check out Pure Beauty, I got both for ~$53. I didn't have to pay shipping and I didn't have to use much gas to drive to a specialty store an hour away. A great deal all around!

By the way, I've really enjoyed reading your posts, thank you for sharing! Now I'm dying to try Edward Bess and Chantecaille...What do you recommend as introductions to those lines?

Charlestongirl said...

Wow...my Internet was out and I didn't see your comment when it came in! Allison, I need to go to Pure Beauty NOW!

Chantecaille: Any color product - reallym anything!

Edward Bess: Why not start with Blush Imperiale, Compact Rouge, or Deep Shine Lip Gloss? The eye shadows are superb too.

Now, I'm so excited I'm going to call Pure Beauty and get them held.

Charlestongirl said...

Allison, it's not on sale at my store! Is your store in good health? I wonder if they are going kaput.

Clarisse said...

Hi Charlestongirl!
I've just realized I've never let you know how much I agree with you about the shampoo and conditionner: I've used them several times now since I received them from England and I find they are both just amazing products! I am grateful you mentioned them, I would not have known them otherwise:-)Thank you!