Sunday, April 22, 2012

Dior Addict Ultra-Gloss - Croisette Collection for Summer 2012 - and the Saks Bait and Switch

Dior has new glosses! The Dior Addict Ultra Glosses ($28) featured with the Croisette Collection for Summer 2012 are Dior's usual gorgeous. Trying to avoid buying one of everything, I purchased two.

The colors shown above, from left to right, are Brown Panama (#432), Orange Pareo (#542), and Pink Croisette (#464). Unfortunately, in my haste yesterday, I fell victim to a sales associate's bait and switch tactics. Rather than leave an empty display when they don't have testers, they will throw in glosses of similar shades. We even talked about these being being new for summer and that she had no tester for Orange Pareo. I selected the brown and pink, thinking I was buying the new shades. Not! The shades I purchased are beautiful, but they are not new. I wish I had examined the boxes before I left.

Here are the two shades I purchased, with Beige Tweed (#227) on the left and Rose Sari (#576) on the right. I really should return them (someone has to teach these SAs to stop swapping old shades into new displays and misrepresenting them!). This time, it's not going to be me because I like these two pearl-finish glosses. I do plan to complain to management.

Here are two swatch photos, taken in full sun. Both shades offer a shimmering gleam to the lips. Dior Addict Ultra-Gloss always suits me. Dior Addict Ultra-Gloss features a featherweight formula with a flash-plumping, spotlight shine effect. Hyaluronic spheres keep lips smooth and moisturized, while mirror-like micro pearls reflect light in all directions for a dazzling finish! It feels great on the lips, and the colors are all nice - a reason I will keep these, even though I feel terribly mislead.

I go through lip glosses pretty quickly, and these will be a nice addition to my makeup bag. So would the new ones, I'm sure.

You can find the new glosses - or the old ones - at all Dior counters. Online, check them out at Nordstrom. I'm not going to recommend you look for them at Saks; you might end up with the wrong shades.

Photo at top courtesy of Dior; other photos by Best Things in Beauty

13 comments:

Nida Moughal said...

awww... that is terrible.. you should return these...

Martha said...

I would definitely complain! Gorgeous shades, but what a shame. Good thing you are an informed consumer, but other customers will be easy prey.

Nawi said...

i hate when they do that. I would definately return them! And complain I do not think Dior is happy when they do that. And i really would have liked reading a review about the new glosses! So I hope you return them and get the new ones after all!

shontay07108 said...

That tactic does suck. I see it all the time. They need to just leave the spaces empty, plain and simple.

I only bought the orange gloss. It's vibrant, shimmery and lovely. It screams Summer.

Dovey said...

Your glosses are beautiful! However the bait and switch tactic was in poor taste. I hope management will listen!

Anonymous said...

She should have let you know that these are not new!
I'd be taking them back, but if you'll use the colours then I guess that's ok. But I'd let her know next time!

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Nida,

I am considering it. Went looking for the actual colors, and they are sold out EVERYWHERE.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Martha,

I am going to complain. At least the other stores kept the correct testers in the display, even though they were sold out.

Charlestongirl said...

Nawi, I wanted to review the new shades, but I can't find them anywhere. I checked four stores today! All sold out. One rep I know told me that they received very few of them.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Shontay!

I was furious today when I saw the new Chanel Summer display at Bloomies, and only the bronzers were new. They had switched in old Rouge Coco Shines and didn't have the new ones. I wish store reps wouldn't do that.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Dovey,

I doubt they will. Management wants to make money, and bloggers are a very small proportion of their customer base. They probably feel that a customer would rather have a pretty gloss than the "new one."

Charlestongirl said...

Tracy, I don't know if there will be a next time. That kind of product rep normally loses my business forever.

Nawi said...

thanks here they have not sold out and to be honest they are not that unique that you would expect them to.
Only the pink croisette apeals to me. The orange looks great as well but I cannot wear such a bright orange.